Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Self-propagating ampersands in GREP in a paragragh style

Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm using GREPs in (InDesign CS6) paragraph styles to color specific words and have hit an odd thing when the words I'm trying to color include an ampersand (&).

The style works fine the first time, but if I call up the paragraph style, additional ampersands start appearing in the GREP expression, not just for the expression I'm changing, but other expressions that include an ampersand as well.

Example: I enter  ^(?i)track \& field

The next time I edit a grep in this style, the grep changes to ^(?i)track \&& field. Then ^(?i)track \&&& field.

So I take out the extra &'s, only to see them come back again. And having a space or not having spaces on either side of the ampersand doesn't

affect the problem. I've tried using \s instead of the space, but it makes not difference. I've also tried dumping my InDesign preferences and exporting the document as an .idml file in an effort to clear out any funkiness.

ampersand1.jpgampersand2.jpg

Has anyone seen this? Thanks!

Kelly

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Sorry, I've never seen this before.

A vague presumption: to much Grep styles at once?

But perhaps you try this instead:

(?i)a\x{26}e

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I've never seen this before.

A vague presumption: to much Grep styles at once?

But perhaps you try this instead:

(?i)a\x{26}e

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I don't know why it was doing that, but your way of writing around the ampersand did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines