Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serious errors with pinch and zoom feature on InDesign Publish Online

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've made a fairly large digital document using InDesign's publish online feature and I've had the client report serious issues when using the built in pinch and zoom feature. Basically, you can pinch and zoom in fine, but once you do, the document freaks out and you can't really keep control of any panning or further zooming. The double tap feature to zoom out is a tad glitchy here also meaning that regaining control of the document is serious hard/frustrating after the initial zoom.

The reported issues were documented when using the latest version of iOS which is 13 apparently and don't seem to be specific to any one page within the document.

I did notice that some are having similar issues documented here:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39143497-publish-online...

I'm wondering if you have any advice or suggestions as these errors are making the whole project look very amateur and to be honest, a bit of a mess which we obviously don't want. This has became a top priority for us as the client has complained, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

I'm wondering if there is even an option to switch off the ability to allow users to zoom as a bit of a compromise?

Best regards,

Kyle Hardie

TOPICS
Bug , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kyle,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. As this has been reported by multiple users, our Product team is already aware of this issue and currently working on it. Although we don't have an exact ETA, our product team is working hard to test & finalize the changes as soon as we can. Please stay tuned for updates, and thanks in advance for your patience.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Srishti

we are experiencing this exact problem and urgently need a solution. Are we talking days, weeks or months for this problem to be resolved?

best regards,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me Srishti and thank you for the update. 

It's interesting to note that Peter is also having the same issue. Like Peter has mentioned, it would be useful to have even a rough estimate on when this can be expected to be resolved as we have clients urgently waiting for a solution. 

Best regards,

Kyle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

I am also experiencing this issue. We really love using this feature with our clients with the capability to refresh a previous link to update the information without sending a PDF. Would be great for the pinch + zoom feature to be more user friendly. I look forward to seeing this improve. 

Thanking you,

Amy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also experiencing this issue and wondering if there is an update on the problem being fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines