Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share for review - Comment window freeze frames and lags

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been using the Share for Review feature quiet a lot recently, and the most recent update fixed a lot of the previous issues that I had with the feature.

A new issue that I've come across is that the comments won't refresh automatically and you have to manually close and reopen the window for it to update. Basically, the feature has lost it's responsiveness– at least on my end. Pic examples

So the first panel will look like this:    

(1) First Click Review.png

Clicking the review note will change the position of the InDesign window but wont change the review window:

(2) Go to another page and doesn't update.png

Clicking a new tool window will close the review comment's window:

(3) Click another window panel to close Review window.png

Which will refresh review panel window and update comments:

(4) Review window updates.png

It starts all over again for anything after that. If I go to resolve the comment, the little hand will appear as I hover the cursor over the elipses telling me that the button is there, but the "resolve" button will not show up. If I click were the resolve button would be and refresh the window, the comment is marked resolved.

I'm also having an issue with sharing different projects. Sometimes projects that I've already shared for review will ask me to reshare the project all over again but this time under the other project's name. It feels like these issues are related so I thought I'd post them together.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another update: This only seems to happen when selecting files on the "Recent" projects landing page when opening InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I find the Review-panel (function) to be extremely laggy. Much faster to jump between InD and the web browser.

My guess is that it is trying to sync constantely. Wich would not be necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines