Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share for Review - Notifications

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone from Adobe is online....

Is there a checkbox I'm missing for receiving notifications when someone edits or comments once I have Shared for Review?  Also, when I "update link" my invitees are also not receivng another notification.  Only notifications are when they are first invited.

I tend to send things to proof and then jump to another project.  It would be nice if I was notified when someone made an edit or comment. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

the check box is in your notifications section, under collaboration:

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 10.40.01 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the check box is in your notifications section, under collaboration:

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 10.40.01 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Jonathan.

Is this in InDesign?  My screendoes not look like this.  Where do I find these settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry - somewhat new to the "cloud" features.  I found what you are showing me Jonathan.  And I think I now see where the notifications pop up in my very top bar.  Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no problem. the folks you work with should also check that option. it should have been checked by default, was it not for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It WAS checked, but I didn't notice the swirly Adobe icon in my top bar that had a red dot on it. Still in the learning curve here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now i understand. 

thank you for playing!

please mark the correct answer for others to find later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont' know if you are on a mac, but check your notifications settings. like the below. you can have banners appear to notify you.

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 2.14.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a mac and yes that would be super helpful as that little red dot is not doing the trick for me.  HOWEVER, I don't have "Adobe Desktop Services" in my System Preferences/Notifications list.  ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually have "Creative Cloud".  I'm going to assume this is the same as your "Adobe Desktop Service"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this below is your download manager. this is where you access everything. 

you can post on how to get better notifications from your windows machine. i am sure others have tips and tricks

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 4.41.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good stuff - just seen email notifications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have turned on notifications both in the Adobe CC app and in my Mac control panel but am not seeing any sign of notifications when users submit comments.  Any other suggestions?  Also - I'd really like to get an email notification - any way to do that?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

start a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bit silly, you have to turn them on in your Adobe Cloud settings, not your InDesign settings. It should totally be the other way around lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like you have a feature request, here you go:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem recently and kind of resolved after the last updates for CC and Indesign.  I am still a confused as I tried to do a test by adding a comment and using the @symbol to mention my own name.  I havent seen emails or notifications for that.  Is this only meant to work for the reviewers and not for the person that created the file?  I thought it would also work regardless.  Does anyone know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines