• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

share for review - unmapped comments

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying out the new share for review functionality in indesign. 

Everything seems to upload to the cloud ok but then comments are added they come up as "unmapped comments". You cannot see the pins on the page or which page they are from.

I am running indesign 2020 and the latest version of chrome. Any ideas on how to fix this.

Cheers,

Alec

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Hi All,

The issue for 'Unmapped comments on Web' has been fixed. You can now check on the web to see if the comments are appearing as you want them. 

Please note, this issue is different from the one where the comments are going unmapped in the review panel of InDesign which is still being worked upon.

Let me know if still there are issues.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This issue is being reviewed by Product team. You may check the status on Adobe InDesign UserVoice Link(https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/40863646-share-review-n...).
You may also upvote here and add your comment on it. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue – some documents it works OK, others not – despite drawing or using the pin, the comments are shown as unmapped ;(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The issue for 'Unmapped comments on Web' has been fixed. You can now check on the web to see if the comments are appearing as you want them. 

Please note, this issue is different from the one where the comments are going unmapped in the review panel of InDesign which is still being worked upon.

Let me know if still there are issues.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sheena,

it looks like that 3 years later this issue hasn't been fixed yet? Any news on this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There can't be more than one document open using Share for Review? It only works if I have one document open at a time. If I try having all three open, Share for Review cannot differentiate between the three documents. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. When any edits are made from Share for Review, like strikethrough, highlight, replace text, etc., it shows up in the review panel, I click on the change and it jumps me to the spread that edit is on, but doesn't actually show me the highlight, strikethrough, etc... I can't tell what they are commenting on! Very frustrating. I tested this feature out about a month ago and it worked with no problems - now that we want to implement it, it doesn't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem!! Not great when working with clients. Adobe, do you have a fix for this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have figured out why this unmapped comment issue happening in Adobe XD. This issue is not related to the Adobe XD updates it related to the wrong flow selected while updating links in Share Tab. Unmapped comments mean (Comments for the different artboard/page and you are seeing those comments on the other artboard/page) when your clients commented on your design and you updated the design as per comments. Then on the Share tab, you going to update the links. Under the Links Setting, select the correct flow which you going to update. This issue will be resolved.

Hope that works for everyone if the problem lies in the same area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines