• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share for Review very slow - too much resolution?

Contributor ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use share for review with a very large document. 

It take forever to upload, which I can live with. But opening it online is way too slow to share with a client.  Can't ask them to wait three minutes to open.

And Safari gives a "this webpage was reloaded becuase it was using significant memory" error, every time I look away.

So my question - can I control image resolution anywhere (not in my overall document, I need the resolution I have) but in what is sent to the Share for Review server? I think it's sending my images at full resolution (can't even zoom in that far), which is a waste of resources.

TOPICS
Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Ok, i understand 😉 i'm going to test with your settings 😉

2880px x 1800 px and 220 pages

It was a new document or a document already created? What is the file format when you check it in Indesign?

I just created this one to test and no issues with it. Don't look at the creativity 😁 but you can test and tell me if i'm ok with the settings.

https://assets.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:US:39894d9f-1296-4b78-9c8c-635352f422a4?view=published

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

In the Advanced tab you can set a resolution and compression for the document links. If you set it to 72ppi and had a page with a full bleed image, that image would export at 2880 px x 1800 px. InDesign pages don‘t have a resolution, Pixels are a ruler unit that equals 1/72". If you set your rulers to Inches and select an images parent frame, you can get its export pixel dimensions by multiplying the dimensions by the export resolution you choose.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can you tell us the size and the resolution of the document? Ans if it's possible share with us the link to see if it's the same thing .

Have tryied with an another browser?

Hazve tried an another document?

The link :

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/user-guide.html/indesign/using/share-for-review.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately can't share for confidentiality reasons. 

I actually confused by the size of the document... it's sized 2880 pix x 1800 pix (intent: web) @ 220 pages. I don't see any equivelent to illustrator's "document raster effects resolution", so it's hard to understand how it determines resolution... If I convert an obect to inches withing the document at full width it's over 40"... never something I set. Just set up a document size I needeed. I think that means if it's opened with a size specified in pixels it assumes 72 dpi?

Haven't done that kind of troubleshooting, just haven't had the time.

I doubt browser is the thing... but using Safari (latest).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, i understand 😉 i'm going to test with your settings 😉

2880px x 1800 px and 220 pages

It was a new document or a document already created? What is the file format when you check it in Indesign?

I just created this one to test and no issues with it. Don't look at the creativity 😁 but you can test and tell me if i'm ok with the settings.

https://assets.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:US:39894d9f-1296-4b78-9c8c-635352f422a4?view=published

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the Advanced tab you can set a resolution and compression for the document links. If you set it to 72ppi and had a page with a full bleed image, that image would export at 2880 px x 1800 px. InDesign pages don‘t have a resolution, Pixels are a ruler unit that equals 1/72". If you set your rulers to Inches and select an images parent frame, you can get its export pixel dimensions by multiplying the dimensions by the export resolution you choose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines