Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show an object without it being a 'clickable' button

Participant ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Just wondering, I want to reveal some hidden text and images through use of a button in my PDF but in order to do so I need to make these items also buttons.  That means when revealed the cursor indicates they are clickable which will be confusing for teh reader since they arent meant to be.

Is there a workaround by maybe making a layer of content visible or something?

Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can't think of an Indesign built-in solution.

In Acrobat (Pro), go to your "button" properties and turn it into "read only".

Should do the trick, if the readers use a proper (= Acrobat ^^) PDF reader of course...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Champion! That did the trick, at least on desktop with Acrobat.  Mobile is a whole other nightmare, I've tested multiple readers on Samsumg and only Xodo plays audio and also makes the buttons work correctly...everything else just fails, even Adobe Acrobat.  Basically the client should be going with a micro site but theyre positive they want a PDF........  😕

Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Well yeah, interactive PDFs are definitely not cross-platforms. It's a long time debate ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines