Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some typefaces are invisible in CC2021

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have some issues with CC2021, sometimes when I open a file that was created with CC2020 some typefaces are invisible (not missing, no error messages, the glyphs just don't appear). The glyphs panel is also entirely empty. 

In Photoshop I have a message error when using them, but in Illustrator I have no issue.

When I open the same file in CC2020 the typefaces works again.

It is not a problem with the font, because it works with every non Adobe applications.

I'm on OS Catalina if it can help.

Anybody can help me?

ThanksCapture d’écran 2021-02-03 à 17.07.33.pngCapture d’écran 2021-02-03 à 17.10.57.png

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using. Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running.

There is an update to InDesign 2021 today to version 16.1. Go to the Creative Cloud application and to see updates, if necessary, choose Help > Check for Updates. A large number of bugs have been fixed.

If you happen to be on macOS X Big Sur, there is also an update this week to 11.2.

Other troubleshooting suggestions: If the problem occurs in one particular file, there could be corruption. Save the file as an IDML file (File > Save As > InDesign CS4 or later [IDML]. Reopen the IDML file

If it happens with all files, then try restoring your InDesign preferences and caches:

Adobe InDesign: Rebuilding Preferences and Cache Files ...www.rockymountaintraining.com › Adobe InDe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve, thanks a lot you for your answer, my OSX version is 10.15.7 .

And Indesign 16.1.

I already tried with IDML but the same problem occured. 

I restored the preferences but nothing changed...

The problem is the same with my other computer with the same versions of OS and Indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what font(s) does this occur with? Does they fail with any InDesign file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This time there's a problem with Elroy typeface (licensed of course), and last time it was with Beausite typeface. When it happens it fail with any InDesign file, but the fonts work on Illustrator and on non-Adobe softwares

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I recently bought and set up a 2020 iMac, running Catalina 10.15.7, and Adobe 2021.  I downloaded the 16.1 update today for InDesign and it seems to have fixed my font issues (at least initially, we'll see as the day goes on). However, I did have to rebuild my preferences and cache files for InDesign before the problems went away.  Fonts were showing up and working in Illustrator, but not InDesign but things seems to be working now. I will post again if the situation changes. Good luck!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, thanks you for your answer, I already tried that but it didn't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines