• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spell Check Window Stuck at top of screen, how do i unstuck wont move!

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Indesign Spell Check Window.JPGHow do I unstuck this window

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge to the specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

That looks like Windows, but it's so closely cropped it's hard to tell, and you didn't mention the operating system. If Windows, to move a dialog using just the keyboard:

1. Hold down the ALT key.
  2. Press SPACEBAR.
  3. Press M (Move).
  4. A 4-headed arrow will appear. When it does, use your arrow keys to move the outline of the window.
  5. When you are happy with its position, press ENTER.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like Windows, but it's so closely cropped it's hard to tell, and you didn't mention the operating system. If Windows, to move a dialog using just the keyboard:

1. Hold down the ALT key.
  2. Press SPACEBAR.
  3. Press M (Move).
  4. A 4-headed arrow will appear. When it does, use your arrow keys to move the outline of the window.
  5. When you are happy with its position, press ENTER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb, unfortunately, this works for OS windows, not the panels inside the app.

If this is indeed Windows, and you keep Taskbar at the top (like I do), you can set it to auto-hide temporarily, it might help to get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm a Mac girl but I fired up my Windows 10 Surface, winterm and it worked as I described with the Find/Change dialog box. Just click in the bottom of the dialog box to make it the active window. (In the old days, I had students routinely shoving title bars off the screen, so this was a regular part of my classes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Surface? Never even touched this. Maybe.

In Windows 7 it doesn't work for sure, not for panels/dialogs inside InDesign.

Well, maybe OP will be lucky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, yes, I knew this trick surely long before that article was written (2012)

BTW, fired up another machine, with Win10/CC2017, and it works, indeed!

They definitely changed this, it doesn't work in CS6.

That's the thing I didn't know.

UPDATE: however, while I'm able to replicate OP's problem in Win10/CC2017, in Win7/CS6 I just can't push the panel that deep...

That said, you couldn't solve the problem, but you can't create it either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very Helpful, I got it to work, the trick is once the arrows icon comes up don't click anywhere, I was clicking on the box making sure I had it selected, the arrows icon  would just go away. If you click the directional keys  as you say and move it works, thanks been trying to figure that out, I am a mac guy also been working on a pc for almost 5 years never had this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, timothyh70102503! Glad that did the trick.

And I don't think you can make it happen on a Mac. I could get close on the sides, but there was always a sliver of the title bar visible. It seems to be a Windows-specific issue. Maybe moving from a HiDPI display back to a smaller one could do it—in that case I'd try to reset the workspace and/or delete preferences.

And winterm—thanks for clarifying the variations. Some days I learn so much more than I convey existing knowledge to others.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do appreciate the help, that was annoying, I just got this new machine (prefer me mac ha ha)

I do have another question, perhaps you know how to do this.

I  have this logo in Illustrator, when you look at it, it appears to be a light logo, but instead of just screening the logo back to say 30% they made a blue box 100% of the color, placed the logo on it and I think did a clipping mask, my job asked me to figure out what percentage of the blue they used since their logo usually is 100% blue solid, but they used an opacity mask or clipping mask and I cant figure out how to determine that percentage, if I stop the mask it reverts to 100% blue and it doesn't show the percentage.

its soooo annoying I got it to do it once long ago but it wont work, I mean why use a clippingmask for petes sake just screen it back so not necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. I don't know why either. I'd suggest putting that on the Illustrator forum. I'll be curious to hear what answers are offered.

Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was going MAD over this problem. You, madam, are an angel! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines