Exit

Startup Alert: Remove Plug-in Hyperlinks Panel.InDesignPlugin

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to open InDesign on macOS as I get a startup alert that says:

"Plug-in Hyperlinks Panel.InDesignPlugin is causing a conflict with plug-in Hyperlinks Panel.InDesignPlugin. Delete one of these plug-ins from the folder Plug-Ins and start InDesign again."

However, when I go to the InDesign Plug-Ins folder, the folder is completely empty and there isn't even anything to remove. Does anyone know how I can solve this issue? Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a native plugin installed with InDesign, I am not sure how you ended up with multiple copies of it. However the Plug-ins folder is present at the following location, see if it has multiple versions of the plugin

/Applications/Adobe InDesign 2021/Adobe InDesign 2021.app/Contents/MacOS/Plug-Ins

Right-click on Adobe InDesign 2021.app and choose the option "Show Package Contents" and it will reveal the folder called "Contents"

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer! I found the right folder, but only saw the Hyperlinks plugin once in the filder. I still tried to delete it to see if InDesign would work again, and it did. However, I didn't want to delete the plugin permanently, since I could only find one version of it. What does the plugin do and do you know why I can't see the second version? (I got the Startup Alert about the plugin after an update by the way.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. This plugin is for Hyperlinks panel in InDesign. Are you able to open that panel after deleting the this plugin? 

I strongly recommend the fresh installation of the application.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines