• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surface Pro 4 and Adobe CC

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, someone can tell me if Adobe CC work well on a Surface Pro 4. I refused to buy the last Macbook pro. I actually have a iMac late 2011 and i have many problem. It's too slow to run CC.

I work with InDesign, Photoshop, lightroom, Premier, Animate and Audition. So if you could tel me if it's ok on a surface pro 4, i probably go with this computer.

Thank

sorry for my english !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

It works wonder on the Surface Pro 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works wonder on the Surface Pro 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As informed by Roger, it is compatible with Surface Pro 4. You certainly can use Adobe apps on it.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. I have a Surface Pro i7 8GB RAM/256 GB. Is this capable of running the Adobe CC programs? I was only able to download 1 program and says there is not enough space to download anymore. Is there anyway to just run the other programs from the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud is a marketing and distribution term... you still must install the programs on your computer, you may not run from the Cloud

If your 256GB drive is too full, you will not be able to install programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you need to download and install them on your Surface. Here are the system requirements for InDesing:

InDesign system requirements

How much of your hard drive space is available?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was looking at the InDesign specs and it says * Not supported on Windows 10 version 1507.

​My current Windows version is 10.0.16299. Does that mean it is not supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RIGHT click the window icon in the lower left

Select SETTINGS

Select SYSTEM

Select ABOUT

This will show your update version, mine is 1803

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah I see! Just checked as told and mine is 1709, which is higher than 1507. Would it be best to wait then until it is supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1709 is fully supported

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That machine is more than capable of running most of the CC apps. That said, you’ll need to clear space on your harddrive.

If you haven’t already you should be using placeholders in your OneDrive folder and/or selective sync with Dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may investigate the possibility of adding a microSDX 128GB (or more) card to your Surface.

I added a Kingston 128GB card to mine and it works as a second hard drive where I installed lots of applications and documents.

256GB is a lot of space but even that much can fill up.

Some of my students have 256 MacBook Pros and their SSDs are full!

Someday, soon, we'll have all 1 TB SSD or Optane or other silicon memory technology to boot our computers 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great suggestion, Roger.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run the CC apps on both Windows and Macs at my studio, including a Windows Surface Pro 3, the predecessor to yours.

Runs perfectly!

On your system, the 8GB of RAM might become maxed out if you do long InDesign documents with lots of graphics, but regular projects will be fine.

The 256GB hard drive will fill up quickly so be sure to empty the Windows trash can frequently, delete temp files (see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026616/windows-10-disk-cleanup ), and move any unused project files to an external drive, cloud backup (like OneDrive, DropBox, etc.), file server, NAS, or wherever you store your long-term materials. You might see warnings from Photoshop that the scratch disc is full, another limitation to your small hard drive. Just clear some space on the drive as mentioned above.

I love the Surface Pro. I love flipping between the touch screen, built-in track pad, and an external mouse, as well as using the stylist for Photoshop selections, drawing in Illustrator, and signing forms/contracts.  And I love using the Surface as not only a full sized workstation, but also as a lightweight, purse-friendly tablet that I can take anywhere. And let Microsoft install the Windows updates; the latest versions have added many new creativity tools to the OS.

Microsoft has really beat the market on this type of device. When I switch to my Macs, I always feel like I've been put in a straightjacket. The Mac OS is fine, it's the lack of an excellent touch screen and stylist that holds me back on the Macs.

Yes, I'm in love with the Microsoft Surface Pro. Never thought I'd ever utter those words!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the rare occasions when I fire up my MacBook Air, I find myself trying to scroll web pages with my finger. Once you’ve used a touch enabled device like this, there’s really no going back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man, I thought it was just me that felt that way.

And I'm a former Mac dealer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m using and HP Spectre x360. It’s a 2-in-1. I love it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your helpful feedback! I'm an Apple user and this is all new to me--all the things you mentioned is what drew me to buy the Surface Pro. I noticed in the Adobe CC programs that there is an Illustrator, Photoshop and XD mobile app version. Given that the Surface can be used as both laptop and tablet, would it be necessary to download both versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines