• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text errors in exported EPUB

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I am having some issues with text errors in an exported fixed-width EPUB when opened on iPad (iBooks) Using the latest version of InDesign and the IOS is up to date too. I have used this InDesign file for years with multiple EPUB export versions without any problems.

See Below:

EoinWinston_0-1617708519562.png

The errors are happening throughout the EPUB (about 125-pages) but not in every instance the typeface is used. Some words are OK and others have a couple of errors per word. There are no images behind or overlayed on the text. They all use the same character/paragraph styles etc.

Any ideas?

Eoin

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it an opentype font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply! The font is an Adobe font and is showing as an OpenType font in the exported OEBPS font folder. Is that the issue? Strange that I have never had the problem before using this font in earlier versions of the EPUB/iBooks.

Thanks for the help!

Eoin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines