• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text keeps disappearing when it is moved around the page

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a very frustrating problem where text inside my text boxes disappears or becomes overset text when I move them around on the page. Keep in mind that I'm not scaling the text boxes- I just move them up or down and they become overset. I'm also having a sister issue where the vertical margins on text boxes keep shifting when I move them to where I see double text. Regardless of the double text, the vertical margin keeps shifting when I move the text box. I believe that there must be something that I'm not accounting for on the page that is causing these things to shift. Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 4.54.08 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 4.54.16 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

First check to see if the text frames are overlapping an object with text wrap applied. One easy way to test this is to turn on Ignore Text Wrap in the frame options dialogue. If this makes the problem go away then a text wrap was your culprit You can either accept that the problem is solved or explore further to see what objects have the text wrap and either remove it or ensure it is appropriate for your layout.

I do not think this is the problem. I think your text is set to snap to a baseline g

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the text set to align to a baseline grid?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First check to see if the text frames are overlapping an object with text wrap applied. One easy way to test this is to turn on Ignore Text Wrap in the frame options dialogue. If this makes the problem go away then a text wrap was your culprit You can either accept that the problem is solved or explore further to see what objects have the text wrap and either remove it or ensure it is appropriate for your layout.

I do not think this is the problem. I think your text is set to snap to a baseline grid. As the frame moves about the page the baseline grid is staying fixed to the page. This makes the first line of text always align to the next baseline grid it can find, which makes the first line shift up or down a bit relative to the frame. In some cases there is not enough rom for all the text.

In the attached image, the text in the frame on the left is aligned to the baseline grid. Since the grid does not match the leading the grid defines the leading. This also makes the text start at the next grid line available, instead of at the top of the frame.

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 5.26.40 PM.png

Baseline grid can be turned on and off in the Control panel or the paragraph panel. It is a paragraph level text attribute, not an attribute of the text frame.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I know this was a few years ago, but I am having this problem and neither solution you posed has worked. Would you happen to have a different idea of the problem? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few years ago, I also had the same problem, but I found that my issue was I turned on trim mode. I turned it off, and it's all good now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much... I've been having trouble with this for a while now. The baseline grid was the issue. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my goodness! the hours I spent! Thank you, it was the baseline grid for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU

This option is stupid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that was the answer for me. I had an illus. with text-wrap.

SDG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines