• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text thread automatically reconnecting - InDesign 2024

Contributor ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -- I haven't found anything in documentation, but maybe there is a new setting for ID 2024?

1. Break text thread.....in a few seconds it reconnects.

2. Break thread and draw new text box for the upstream text to flow into -- new box becomes part of the text flow.

I have text threads visible, so I can see them disappear and pop back on. Anyone else seen this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

That's the issue. They are a little tricky to work with, and very persistant about adding back in frames that we delete.

Are you trying to work with two sets of threaded stories in one InDesign file? Is that the goal? We can't see very much of your spread, so I'm not exactly sure what the endgame is here. If you can explain it, I can probably give you a hand.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@~BarbaraT 

I've moved your post to the InDesign forum

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, certainly haven't experienced this before. Are you able to post a screen capture? Sounds bizarre.

Does the same thing happen if you break the text thread using the community script "breaktextthread.jsx"?

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is something to do with autoflow: I turned off and on second try it didn't re-link. Including screen recording here for the record. The boxes re-link at 28 secs. Added text box that becomes part of thread follows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @~BarbaraT:

I'm guessing you are using smart text reflow and primary frames on the parent pages? Is how the file was set up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the issue. They are a little tricky to work with, and very persistant about adding back in frames that we delete.

Are you trying to work with two sets of threaded stories in one InDesign file? Is that the goal? We can't see very much of your spread, so I'm not exactly sure what the endgame is here. If you can explain it, I can probably give you a hand.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb -- thanks for confiming is expected outcome. Could swear I performed same operation a few days ago (in ID 2023), but the auto-flow was probably turned off. Dunno. Usually don't have to think about it that much.

And yes, am linking a couple text files in one ID file. Is working now, so all good. Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to help, @~BarbaraT.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines