• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The spinning wheel constantly appearing (InDesign)

Participant ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign running so so slow. 😩 The spinning wheel constantly appearing by almost every movement.🤯

I can't do anything... I'm so tired, dispersed. I took a video to show how hateful and annoying Indesign is when I want to work with it.

I can not finish my project!! 😖

This problem has been reported many times, but there are no noooooooo solutions.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is running slow only on this file or on all of the files even empty?

>> only on this file

Do indd -> idml -> indd

>> all of the files

1) https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/troubleshooting-weird-indesign-problems-101-error-new/td-p/1...

2) If #1 not helps change your InDesign to the previous version and do eat&destroy mind of Adobe support chat about your actual version bug

OS? ID Version? Are you remember things you do before this unstable work of a publication?

Share your indd through dropbox/yadisk and may be some of forum users check your publication on his desktop. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks George for your help

Question: Is running slow only on this file or on all of the files even empty?

Answer: I only work on a project with Indesign, which has more than 600 pages. Doring working on this project Indesign crashed 3 to 4 times, but my file is not heavy (only 57 MB). I don't know about other files, but if you give me a file I can report to you if I face the same problems.

Solution #1: Do indd -> idml -> indd

I did this approach a few weeks ago. It only helped for a few days. I will do it again.

Solution #2: Troubleshooting Weird InDesign Problems (101 error new)

I did this approach too, a few weeks ago. It only helped for a few days. I'm not sure if I have to do this every week.

After facing the same problem again, I was asked to do these (a few weeks ago) and I did:

• I set up a localhost printer as a default printer.
  • I deleted many fonts I had.
  • I reduced the resolution of my display to the default.
  • I changed my color display profile.
  • I stopped Adobe cloud activity.

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 3.31.27 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-03-05 at 3.30.08 PM.jpg

InDesign Version 16.1

---

I'm not able to share my project file. but I did a screen recording for about 3:30 minutes that I can share privately (280 MB) with you or a professional Adobe employee.

---

My latest experience

What I understood with the latest update of  InDesign (16.1) After closing and opening InDesign, it allows me to work on my file without pains. But, but I don't know how long does it last.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> Answer: I only work on a project with Indesign, which has more than 600 pages. 

Mmmm. Be ready to my rude words on Russian (please use it some GoogleTranslate or other service):

https://forum.rudtp.ru/threads/tormozhenie-pri-vydelenii-obemnyx-tekstov.70030/post-1030550

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, man. OK. No more than 250 pages. 

I did try that. The problem I faced was losing a lot of hyperlinks, I'm talking about more than 4,000 hyperlinks. 

Maybe there are tips and tricks for not losing hyperlinks. I will google it again, but please let me know if you know any solution for hyperlinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I am never have losing of  many hyperlinks. Do you have your source .indd where all the links on their places?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines