• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC formatting

Participant ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although this has surely been posted, I can't manage to find a simple full syntax list to properly format the space "Between Entry and Number" in the TOC panel . What I need now is simply to align the page number  on the right. Already done once but forgot the syntax. The right dropdown list is very poor and incomplete and lacks instruction. Thanks for help.

TOPICS
Feature request , Scripting , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

It's either ^y or ~y

That would be indent right tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

So you need to select the More Options in the top right (mine shows Fewer Options as I've already clicked it).

Between Entry and Number is blank - but there is a right arrow beside it. 

Click this expands a menu.

Can you an insert anything you need from the list. 

If it's not in the list - you can use anything you want by typing it in the field to the left. 

The quickest way for something you don't know the Character Codes for is to type it in an empty text frame in InDesign - and copy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's either ^y or ~y

That would be indent right tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. Why is this simple info so "secret/hidden"? Is there somewhere available a full syntax list for that field or is part of a specific programming language (which is also nowhere mentioned in the TOC window/instructions)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you need to select the More Options in the top right (mine shows Fewer Options as I've already clicked it).

Between Entry and Number is blank - but there is a right arrow beside it. 

Click this expands a menu.

Can you an insert anything you need from the list. 

If it's not in the list - you can use anything you want by typing it in the field to the left. 

The quickest way for something you don't know the Character Codes for is to type it in an empty text frame in InDesign - and copy it, paste it into the field. 

Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 10.02.41.png

ā€ƒ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines