• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tool tips

Enthusiast ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I keep simple text tool tips and turn off the rich tool tips.

I am aware of the Interface preference to turn off all tool tips.

I want to keep simple text tool tips like this:

and turn off the animated tool tips like this:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Those pop-ups are not user controlled. They will pop-up through the Creative Cloud but they are usually only supposed to appear once per session. They can be annoying, I agree, but they seem to be here to stay. The Tool tips that you like are user controlled through preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those pop-ups are not user controlled. They will pop-up through the Creative Cloud but they are usually only supposed to appear once per session. They can be annoying, I agree, but they seem to be here to stay. The Tool tips that you like are user controlled through preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's version of the talking Paper Clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, one and the same as the defunct MS talking Paper Clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clippit! Removed, by the way, because people hated it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removed how -- In an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the story of the MS Clippit that this new feature is reminiscent of:

What Made Clippy, the Microsoft Office Assistant, So Detestable? - The Atlantic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's such a "don't care, can't fix it" answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it's the Adobe Software Developers' way of "trying to engage new users" by showing them the features of the software. I agree, it'd be nice to have some sort of slider in the preferences that has a skill base from "Newbie" to "Guru" so that people who would like the pop-ups can have them, and those who don't want them can ignore them.

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ten minutes ago, I was trying to index a document's properties and have been interrupted five separate times by the new dynamic layout feature pop up boxes and little bright blue ribbons robbing me of my train of thought and focus, and frankly what's left of my patience for this strange affinity Adobe has developed for bringing late 1990's internet advertising popups back from the dead.

My focus is a finite resource and it is being carved up like a pizza at a party with too many house guests.  And to my sudden displeasure, the software suite I need to do my job is demanding it gets at least two or three more slices than I have to give everyone else.

Obviously, this isn't unique to InDesign. It's so annoying Photoshop's dev team installed a way to shut them off completely, the rest of the CC suite software user base just isn't large enough for a meaningful backlash.

Oh, and speaking about unbuqity and where this seems to be going: yesterday, the creative cloud launcher itself bizarrely chose to pop up on my windows 7 work computer ADVERTISEMENT FOR A REQUEST FOR SUBMISSIONS TO A CONTEST SPONSORED BY ADOBE.

My software manager and launcher for my cloud-based creative software used it's presence on my system to issue a task bar alert that usually means something significant, to just advertise an event at me. So there's an ethical line here but I don't get paid to draw anything other than technical line art, so I'll leave that to you adobe experts.

This isn't just clippy level, it's approaching Malware level. You could turn Clippy off. YOU COULD TURN CLIPPY OFF.

Can you just give us clippy? I'd prefer clippy. Let me have clippy, please.

With the rich tool tips I get to trip over and find by accident at least three times every time they push a new update.

EVERY TIME.

ON TWO COMPUTERS.

Astonishingly people like me on these forums are being talked down to or treated with contempt for wanting some sort of sense of dignity restored to us by the software we HAVE to use to get paid just enough to be screamed at by our landlords for not having enough for rent on time. Come on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes indeed, this ADHD designer is SO over the tooltips, which, by-the-way, aren't disappearing when I untick both the Tool Tips and Rich Tool Tips boxes in Preferences and restart Illustrator. I hardly ever comment on here because all the "experts" that answer questions are as ascerbically condescending as the Simpson's Comic Book Guy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this at all? At work our computers are in deep freeze and reset every time we log out so I have to click through these tool tips in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and After Effects 2-3 times every single day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG OMG OMG

STOP THE MADNESS!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines