• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to launch InDesign

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a crazy teacher. She's horrid, nasty and deletes students works, treats students like crap and I have work to catch up on.  I am new to Indesign but I am going through sheer hell trying to learn as well as deal with her insanity.  Indesign has suddenly stopped working, I need to get work in for this week so I need to know all possible ways to troubleshoot.  Indesign literally does not open at all. Niether the work saved.

Any suggestions on all subjects.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting the InDesign preferences?

1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialog appears, ask you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.

(If you don't see the question do it again.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted to download this again. I think there's enough memory, I'm not sure about resetting preferences for Indesign, I don't know how to do that.  It won't open at all so I am unsure how to close the open files.  

Rachel5FFD_0-1610824708316.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your screen shot it appears you are trying to download InDesign but you can't do that until you close InDesign. 

So close InDesign and resume dowloading the InDesign application via the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reset preferences on a PC with Windows: 

You can try the quick way of resetting on a PC which is to hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift when launching InDesign and respond affirmatively when asked if you want to reset. There have been some recent reports that the window asking if you want to reset is not popping up but that the prefs are being reset anyway. If this works great but if it doesn’t you may have to manually delete them.

To do so: On Windows 7 and above the preference files are hidden. To find them go to the Control Panel and open Folder Options and then click the View tab. Then select “Show hidden files and folders” or “Show hidden files, folders or drive options” in Advanced Settings. Then delete (or rename) the folder at the end of this path: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>. Make sure that InDesign is closed when you do this. When you relaunch the program it will create new preference files and the program will be at its default settings.

The advantage of manually deleting preference files is that after you’ve reset up the program (make sure that no document window is open) to your liking, you can create copies of your personalized “mint” preference files (make sure that you quit the program before copying them—that finalizes your customization) and use them in the future to replace any corrupt versions you may need to delete. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Today I opened it and it was fine and today, in this moment it is playing up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "playing up" mean?

Did you reset the InDesign preferences, as advised?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble.  I am hopeful that the issue is fixed by the suggestions shared above. If not, please try the steps shared on this page ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/advanced-troubleshooting-for-launch-issues/td-p/11394034?pag... ) and share your observations with us.

While performing each step, please make sure that InDesign and other Adobe apps are closed. 

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines