• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating to Indesign CC 2018 Index issues

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated from CC 2017 to CC 2018 and opened an existing 740 page book. This is an indesign book file .INDB with 25 chapters and numerous index entries.

When I view the index panel in CC 2017 all the entries are there. Screenshot on left.

When I view the same files in CC 2018 the index panel is completely empty and there is no index at all. Screenshot on right.

AND YES

I rebuilt the preferences and the exact same thing happens. These screenshots were done after the pref rebuild when I noticed the problem.

Is there another trick I am not aware of?

(Shaking chicken bones, throwing salt over my left shoulder...:)

Any known bugs on this issue?

Open to any suggestions...Of course I will keep the older version installed.

index cc2017.pngindex-panel2018.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happened to me last night but as the installation of '18 wiped '17 I could not try an earlier version.

Tonight I opened the same book file to work on a graphic placement and after doing what I had to thought I'd change to my 'indexing' workspace and try to work out what might have happened last night or what I might need to now do now that an upgrade's happened since I last worked on the index.

Lo and behold the index panel was how it was before, populated with all the references. I've got no idea of why it disappeared and has now reappered as my computer is only on when I'm sitting at the desk. Tonight's job was to try generating the index from scratch but thankfully I have no need to. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again as this is the third book in a series of four.Index.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Can you please send me a small document (indb with the indd files) at amaarora@adobe.com with a small video showing the issue?

I tried and could not reproduce it with my InDesign.

-Aman

amaarora@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines