• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video will not play when exported to PDF

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I place a video file either Mp4 or H.264 it will not play when exported to PDF, I have read and watched all the tutorials and cannot see any other way to do it. I place the file in InDesign then go -Window-Interactive-Media-tick play on page opening in the Media window but nothing happens after export it just stays as an image. 

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

This feature will not work now that Flash has become obsolete, in place you can incorporate a hyperlink in your PDF to a YouTube, or similar, video.

Alternatively use a HTML5 format such as a FXL ePub, InDesign's Publish Online or in5.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Of course it still works, there is just a problem with the playback controller buttons.

See https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/where-are-the-controllers/m-p/11168049

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature will not work now that Flash has become obsolete, in place you can incorporate a hyperlink in your PDF to a YouTube, or similar, video.

Alternatively use a HTML5 format such as a FXL ePub, InDesign's Publish Online or in5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it still works, there is just a problem with the playback controller buttons.

See https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/where-are-the-controllers/m-p/11168049

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I strongly recommend you test your Interactive PDF that includes videos and possibly other certain interactive features, on various devices, such as iPads and smart phones before you recommend this solution to your client, as it may cause you some embarrassment if your client discovers they don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to make sure everyone in this thread is aware of the VERY LATEST Acrobat DC updates and their major update to how multimedia is done, to cope in the world after Flash Player has gone. I am not aware of detailed studies yet, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dov said the same thing, but with the latest latest Reader and Pro, with no Flash installed, a mp4 246 video in PDF still end up with the warning you need Flash and Flash will be obsolete. And no, it will not play. Mac Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The information is incomplete, so let us check some details. The more we can find out, the better we will understand Adobe's plans and how to make things work.

1. What PDF viewer version do you have exactly? I have 2020.009.20063.

2. If using this version look in Preferences -- Multimedia (legacy). What do you have selected for Preferred Media Player?

3. Are these old PDF files with multimedia, or newly made PDF files with new software?

4. If you do not use Acrobat to add the multimedia, what app and exact version do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>2. If using this version look in Preferences -- Multimedia (legacy). What do you have selected for Preferred Media Player?

Ah!

Yep, use Flash Player was not ticked under Multimedia, Multimedia legacy is QuickTime.  Banner says I need Flash.

But... You have to quit and then restart before this gets applied.

Every test I did it did not work because I re-applied the old settings before quiting thinking it would not work.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines