• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

View reviewer comments – FAQ

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a designer, you can access and manage feedback using the Review panel in InDesign. Check out the help document here to know how to access the Review panel 

03_managing-all-comments-in-indesign.png

1. Why am I not receiving notifications from stakeholders? 

After the reviewer provides feedback, you will receive a notification through the Creative Cloud application and through an email sent to you. If the email doesn’t show up, please check your junk/spam folder or refer to the best practices thread in the community. 

2. Can I hide annotations while working on the reviewer’s comments? 

Yes you can! Sometimes too many annotations can be confusing.  

To hide annotations on the layout, click the Hide annotations button at the lower-right bottom of the panel. To show the annotations click the button again. 

02_hide-or-view-annotations-in-indesign.png

3. How can I filter comments by reviewers?  

The filter option is available on the lower-right bottom corner of the review panel. You can filter the comments based on reviewer names, time, or status of comments.  

For more info, see Manage feedback. 

4. How does a reviewer know that I have worked on their feedback?  

After you have worked on the feedback from the reviewer, you can respond to that specific comment with the @mention of the reviewerStakeholders receive a separate notification for their mentions through email and through the CC desktop application. 

5. How do I resolve comments after I have worked on them?  

You can resolve comments using More options to the right of the comment.  

only resolve comments.png

Learn more about managing the comments here 

6. If the changes requested by the first reviewer are completed and sent for approval before a second reviewer responds, does this create multiple versions of the document on Creative Cloud?  

No, it doesn’t. After you have incorporated feedback from the first reviewer, make sure you update the link that has been shared. When other reviewers open the document for review, they’ll see the updated copy of the document. The link is always up to date with the latest comments.  

Check the time stamp to get an idea about when the last update was received.Check the time stamp to get an idea about when the last update was received.

7. How do I see comments that I have previously resolved? 

Under the filter options, you can filter the comments based on the status of the comment which will help you see the comments that have been resolved.  

filter_resolved_highlighted.jpg

8. What’s the difference between ‘resolve’ and ‘delete’ actions for a comment?  

Marking a comment as resolved means that you’ve worked on it and it can now be hidden. Additionally, you can unhide the resolved comments using the filter options.  

03_reply-resolve-edit-and-delete-comments.png

Deleting a comment permanently deletes it and this action cannot be undone. 

9. Can I directly accept the text comments into my InDesign document? 

No. There is no way to accept the text comments in the document. You will need to manually make the desired edits to your document. 

To view the ‘Share for Review’ FAQ, see  InDesign Share for Review - FAQ.

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Bug , EPUB , Feature request , How to , Import and export , InCopy workflow , Performance , Print , Publish online , Scripting , SDK , Sync and storage , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, when I click on Share for Review, the Review panel just goes blank. I've tried shutting down and restarting multiple times. Is anyone else facing this? Has anyone fixed it?

smallette_0-1597867666250.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-12-05 at 19.59.54.pngYes! I have the same issue. It happened to me after I exported a project to PDF. After the export the Review function just turns blank. I also tried rebooting the computer and in a new project it isnt working either. 

I have the latest version, and all seems to be fine. If I click on the menu tab in 'Review' and choose 'Go to review' it sends me to the last version I made available for reviewing. 

But, again, I cant change, or make a new Review. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we attempt to mention users via @ it doesn't work. I think it did initially when this was launched but now for some reason it doesn't. No names populate. Is there something we're missing here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team is using this tool currently, and I can see their comments and edit requests, however, I cannot see their location on the page, despite having annotations showing. I've tried restarting my computer, logging in and out of Adobe, everything is updated, etc. Is there anything you can recommend or can I get assistance troubleshooting this issue? Of course, I am on a tight deadline getting our magazine to press. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, I can't see the position of any corrections inside Indesign.

It's not really helpfull if I need to open a tab with the oneline doc aside of Indesign.

How to fix this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Product update requests ---

1. Updating the link shouldn't be a manual process - I found out the hard way that if you save the document, your reviewers won't see those updates unless you manually update the link in the Review panel.  One more thing to remember to do.

2. I can see comments but not WHERE they tagged the comments (just which spread) - super unhelpful when the comment is "add comma" or "remove comma" --- where??

Great idea, but unusable feature unless (at least the second one) can be solved.  Please help Adobe!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. Same problem here - this is very strange and I now have the problem to judge, which sentence, part the comments relate to - very odd. Makes my work nearly impossible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way that the comments can travel with the indd file and not the single user? Most of the time we have a group of designers working in the indd file, if i initiate the share for review, i believe im the only one that can see the comments in indd file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, 

I have shared for review from InDesign and recieved comments. This tool is very helpful when we need multiple reviewers to comment at the same time. 

However, I'm trying to find a way to export the doucment with comments as a PDF so that I can save a record of the comments. Is there a way to export from the Adobe Cloud or Indesign with the comments and comment bubbles to a PDF (or other file format)?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines