• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I get some decorative strokes?

Participant ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone! Doesn't anyone know where can I get decorative strokes?

and can anyone explain me finally what is creative cloud and what is it good for and how to use it?

Thanks!

Vraja

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Thanks GeorgeS!

But I found more simple idea,

i just use those cool fonts :like Guttman Logo1

and also all the Windings and Segoe MDL2 Assets

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check here -

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/applying-line-stroke-settings.html#define_custom_stroke_style...

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And decorative ))

http://indesignsecrets.com/easter-egg-stroke-styles.php

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey GeorgeS! Thanks for taking the trouble, but that didn't help...

In stroke style options I have only, dash, dot and one more....cant remember now...

but In the stroke style window I have an option to load strokes,

So where can i download some? maybe you have a link for free strokes?

thanks!

Vraja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign have only this options. If you want some more cool strokes you need to use Illustrator and than place ai to indd (fully compatible import of his graphic, but not forget that ai you can change in Illustrator, not as direct indesign object when you use strokes that InDesign don't have).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George,

I created a border style in illustrator but I can't load it into indesign. What format should I save the border?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save the Illustrator border style on an artboard by itself in the AI format. Choose File > Place and place it into InDesign.

In InDesign, open the Align panel (Window > Object & Layout > Align). Choose Align to Page. Align horizontally and vertically.

Adobe Illustrator CC 2018001.png

InDesign CC010.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. However I think it is not possible to save the borders created in illustrator as .inst file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Emre+KILICER  wrote

Thank you. However I think it is not possible to save the borders created in illustrator as .inst file?

Right.

InDesign line style files are not compatible with Illustrator ones.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you needed to edit the borders, they are placed art. You could choose Edit Original from the LInks panel menu to open them in Illustrator. There you would edit their size and save the file. In InDesign, the placed art would be updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is really still such a backward and time-consuming way to do this. Why can't we edit the border designs or create them in AI and then add them to ID. People have been looking for this feature for many years (10+). Borders are a staple component, there should be some way to edit/add to make them a more useful element.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks GeorgeS!

But I found more simple idea,

i just use those cool fonts :like Guttman Logo1

and also all the Windings and Segoe MDL2 Assets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines