Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Width of object adding to both sides, rather than just right

Participant ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all

I am sure this is super basic, but it is very annoying as I am a bit stuck in my ways.

If I have an object such as a text box that is for example 50mm wide, and I want to make it wider, when I change the width value, it adds to both sides.  It used to be that if I added say 10mm the left side of the text box remained where it was, and the 10mm added to the right side.  Now it seems to add 5mm to the left end and 5mm to the right!

Im sure this is a simple setting but it is very annoying! Any help appreciated!

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose Object, Text Frame Options, Auto fitting. Then click on an arrow in the top part of the dialog to set the direction allowed (the 'arrow' icons)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just change your reference point. Either in the transformation panel or in the control bar.

refpoint.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines