Exit

Working offline on InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a total beginner to Indesign.

I have very basic questions (feeling a little embarrassed to ask):

Once I get it do I download the program in my Mac? In other words will it work also offline?

Also I have 2 Mac and 2 laps. Can I download Indesign in all 4 computers?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

InDesign, despite the Cloud in Creative Cloud is installed an run locally. The license is checked via web connection about once a month so that’s the only time you need to be online.

You can install it on as many machines as you want but only two can be activated concurrently.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign, despite the Cloud in Creative Cloud is installed an run locally. The license is checked via web connection about once a month so that’s the only time you need to be online.

You can install it on as many machines as you want but only two can be activated concurrently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the inDesign forum.

As a new user it would be wise for you to study how to use InDesign – there are some good books, such as the QuickStart Guides and the Classroom in a Book series and excellent online video tutorials from Lynda.com (you can get a 30-day free trial).

And don't be embarrassed to ask specific questions on this friendly forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

And what happens if, durign the day I am out of internet, adobe asks license confirmation? The program stops working or what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. You’ll have plenty of time to verify the license every month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A subscription allows you install and activate on TWO computers. You can install it on all four but you can only have two active at any given time.

You will need to be on line at least once a month to allow the licensing system to see the Adobe servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bob.

But two active what does it mean? That me and another person can use the program at the same time?

I have a Creative Cloud single-app membership for InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two active means that you can be signed in to your account on two machines at the same time. Only you can use your account, however, and only one of the active machines can be using the programs at any given time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks now I got it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never be embarrassed to ask for some help on this friendly forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank very much. I'm very happy for guidelines for photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines