Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Would like to know how to include a new column for my table in InDesign

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there:

I'm a newbie to InDesign, and I have a question about tables.

I created a new document and made a table. I added another column to my table at one point and that was easy enough to do. However, I do not know how to include this new column in this document, because when I resave it, the last column gets cut off. Is there something I would need to do that would allow the document to be resized or whatever in order to include this new column?

Please let me know .... thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

You can either change your page size (with the page tool, third one down) or via Document preferences in the File menu.

Or, if your page size is fixed, as you said resize all columns equally, this can be either down in the Table panel by inserting a width or there is a script called AutoColumn

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @stellas45198152:

the last column gets cut off.

Is the column outside of the frame boundary? In that case, you will need to resize the columns to make room for it. You can resize one column by dragging the vertical line between columns with the Type tool, or add the Shift key to resize all of the columns at one time. 

If that isn't the issue, please include a screen shot that shows the problem. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there:

As shown in my screenshot below, I have the last column in the table that I am working on seem to be outside of the main table and therefore not included in it. When I Export As PNG or JPG, the last column does not get included at all (the one showing 3XL). I am just wondering how to insert columns from an original document in InDesign and get them to be inclided in the saving of the final document.Is there a way to resize the document or do something else to it after inserting new columns so that all the columns are included in the final document?
Screenshot (2644)_LI.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In other words, is it necessary to resize the columns, or can I somehow make the document that I save and Export to include any added columns that I add later on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can either change your page size (with the page tool, third one down) or via Document preferences in the File menu.

Or, if your page size is fixed, as you said resize all columns equally, this can be either down in the Table panel by inserting a width or there is a script called AutoColumn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That worked. I used both the Document Setup to change the width and then I used the Page tool to bring the entire Size Guide I was working on to fit into the new width by dragging the box to the right in order to include it into the new dimension.

Thanks so much, all who answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines