Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: 10 Pictures do not sync.

LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm facing the same issue since a couple of days.

Followed instructions from above, deleted the pictures that was causing the issue, restarted LRC but now syncing is stuck on 10 remaining pictures with no apparent sync issues/ errors.

As some people indicated in the past: I'd be glad to hear any tips from you guys, or better yet, some help. It's a complicated issue, and I'd be very happy to make peace with my ever-turning syncing symbol.

Kind regards,
Dieter

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Lightroom Desktop: 1 Syncing Photo Never Syncs.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released yesterday and include a fix for this issue. Please install the December update, restart your system and verify you are no longer experiencing the issue. Thank you for your assistance in reporting, providing additional information and, most of all, for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
31 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dieter,

Please go to Help>System Info... and get us the exact installed version number of your software. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version: 9.4 [ 202008061458-dbb2971e ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition
Version: 10.0.18363

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to a Lightroom Classic Thread
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rikk, I'm here in the thread as well.

Kind regards,
Dieter

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you've opened the sync activity tab in Preferences and it was empty. Is that right? Did you know that sometimes, it takes 30 seconds or more for Sync Activity to populate? Try waiting and see if it shows you the 10 photos that are stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Alan,

thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, in my cases, even after I left my session open a full day, nothing happens...

Image is not available

This screenshot show situation after multiple hours online and connected during several days since last 10 days...

Kind regards,
Dieter

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dieter. I may have misread your original post. I thought you were not seeing anything in Sync Activity. Now, I see that your photos are stuck in sync. Classic will show them as "uploading" forever.

Did you check Lightroom Web to see if they have actually been uploaded? In my experience, the stuck photos do get uploaded to the cloud, but for some reason, Classic never gets notified, so it thinks they're still uploading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct Alan,

They have been uploaded, but still the error remains visible...

Kind regards,
Dieter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dieter, 

Can you generate the sync diagnostic logs and upload it to some shared location (dropbox ?) and share the link with me. You can generate a diagnostic report by going to Preferences->Lr Sync tab and hold down the option/alt key button. Click the “Generate Diagnostic report” button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ragrawal,

I have the diagnostic report ready. How do I share the link?

Kind regards,
Dieter

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please inform when downloaded...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the logs. Seems like there is a bug in 9.4 which is not clearing up the sync UI numbers. Sync is happening all fine but numbers are stuck. We are looking into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running LrC 9.4.
"LOCAL ACTIVITY" ( cloud top right corner) has been actively trying to sync 12 images for more than a day.
I believe I have found the 12 images - they all have a sync sign top right corner of thumbnail with a little line under it. Placing the cursor on the sync symbol gives me the message:

"Building smart preview for Lightroom ecosystem"

I recently renumbered the files and made some adjustments, but they seem to be appearing correctly on the website.

Any thoughts as to how to finish the syncing?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim: Until Adobe fixes this bug, you have two choices.
  1. Stop syncing the 12 images. Do this by selecting them, then navigating to the Catalog subpanel. Click on "All Synced Photographs". Press the Delete key on your keyboard. You'll see the message that "1 Photo will be removed  ... " Click OK. Do this for all 12 images. These will then be removed from the cloud, but now, in LR Classic, sync will show as completed.
  2. Ignore them. If you really need these 12 images on the cloud, just ignore the Local Activity indicator. Other images will still sync properly.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback Alan, but Ragrawal declared this as a bug, would assume for a reputated company like Adobe to fix this shortly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also find that unhelpful. What I have found as a workaround is:
- identify the photos in Classic that are stuck
- delete them from Classic
- import them again using the Cloud
This seems to sort if for me. Why this route? I use the Cloud for all imports and want to have all my photos there, so the idea of let's just delete them from the cloud is unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Via Tim Grey, this worked for me:

> Go to the Lightroom Sync tab within the Preferences dialog and hold
> down the Alt key on Windows or the Option key on Macintosh. This will
> reveal a "Rebuild Sync Data" button. While holding the Alt/Option
> key, click on that "Rebuild Sync Data" button, and then click the
> Continue button in the confirmation dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m experiencing the same issue. All photos have sync’d, but LR Classic shows a rising number of photos waiting indefinitely  to be synced, with no sync errors. BTW, I wouldn’t recommend rebuilding sync data. When I did that, the number of “stuck” images skyrocketed from 15 to 150+. And the number continues to to rise. Last I checked, it was up to 167.

I’m relieved to discover that this is a known bug. I just wish Adobe support had been aware of this before I spent nearly three hours over three separate chats trying, unsuccessfully, to troubleshoot this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I did the Tim Grey trick to stop syncing until Adobe fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ragrawal, any progress here? It seems there are others out there suffering the same issues but nothing is happening...

Appreciate your feedback.

Kind regards,

Dieter

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to offer a third choice to Alan's list, which is to delete the "YourCatalogName Sync.lrdata" folder wherever your catalog file is stored. It will recreate. That has reliably unstuck my recent encounters with this exact "Building Smart Preview" issue (even if it doesn't appear that way at first). It does not prevent recurrence of  the problem which Adobe clearly needs to fix. But it does seem to allow syncing to actually complete in a more satisyfing way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all following this thread, this is the only solution today that worked for me.

Kind regards,

Dieter

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same probem, but I am non able to find the 18 photos which does not syncr ( I think they are photos I edited in Photoshop 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released yesterday and include a fix for this issue. Please install the December update, restart your system and verify you are no longer experiencing the issue. Thank you for your assistance in reporting, providing additional information and, most of all, for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate