• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: 2nd Monitor image dullness after migrating to MacOS 10.11 El Capitan (profile issue)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize the following problem with Lightroom V6.1.1 after migrating my MacBook Pro to Mac OS-X El Capitan:
MacBook Pro Retina is the Main Monitor and NEC MultiSync PA271W is the 2nd Monitor.
Both Monitors are calibrated using Xrite i1 Profiler and I verified that the correct ICC-Profiles are associated with the Monitors (Mac OS-X System Configuration space).
In the Library Module everything is fine, but when I switch to the Development Module, the image on the 2nd Monitor gets dull after some seconds. Stepping forward one image, the image on the 2nd Monitor brightens up and gets dull again after some seconds.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016
You'll need to update to MacOS Sierra 10.12 where the bug is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
57 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ed, I noticed exactly what you've mentioned: in Photoshop everything looks fine regardless of the display profile type (LUT or matrix). Some 3rd party apps are also ok (Xee, Firefox). However, system applications (including Safari, Preview) and some other 3rd party apps (ACDSee Pro for Mac) still render incorrect shadows (as it was in El Capitan). At the same time, desktop wallpaper is ok (that confuses me the most - I don't understand how it's possible).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wall paper and icons are outside the colormanagement, at least, they used to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, they are not. Icons & wallpaperes are shown according to the current display profile

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell, this issue is still present in 10.12.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rowan, I think I may be experiencing the same shadow issue as you, however, my profile was created in i1 Profiler. I found this thread on the Apple forums which may be of help: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7681531?start=0&tstart=0

It appears as though it may be a DisplayPort issue. However, since my monitor doesn't seem to have the option to disable DP 1.2, I cannot test it to see if this fixes the problem.

EDIT:
I've noticed that this issue occurs in Lightroom (Lr4) as well, so it certainly appears to be an issue with the OS Sierra and my monitor profile. While the issue is not entirely fixed, at least it isn't as bad as it was in El Capitan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that this issue occurs in Lightroom (Lr4) as well, so It appears to be an issue with the OS Sierra and my monitor profile. While the issue is not entirely fixed, at least it isn't as bad as it was in El Capitan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The bug is still there (in system applications (including Safari, Preview) and some other 3rd party apps )
Anybody fix the issue ?

Votes

Translate

Translate