• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Auto Sync in Survey Mode doesn't sync star ratings

LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto Sync in Survey mode doesn't sync changes made to the stars under the thumbnail, though it does sync changes made to the pick and rejected flags under the thumbnail, to the stars in the toolbar, and to the stars with keyboard shortcuts.

To reproduce:

1. Select four photos and go into Survey mode.

2. Do Metadata > Enable Auto Sync.

3. Click and change the stars under one of the thumbnails -- notice that the stars do not change for any of the other thumbnails.

4. Click the pick and reject flags under one thumbnail, and notice that the other thumbnails also get the flags.   

5. Click and change the stars in the toolbar (not under the thumbnails) and notice that the stars change for all the thumbnails.

6. Use keyboard shortcuts (e.g. 1 ... 5) to change the stars and notice that they change for all the thumbnails.

Tested in LR 10.0 / Mac OS 10.15.5.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Greetings,

The Max 2021 Photography products updates have been released and include remedies for this topic.  The updates will be rolling out worldwide, October 26 and 27, 2021. If you do not see the updates in your Creative Cloud Desktop app, you can refresh the apps to see if the updates are available in your region.  The keyboard shortcut to refresh is [Cmd/Ctrl] + [Opt/Alt] + [ R ]. 

Note: iOS and Android updates may take up to a week to appear in your App Store.

Thank you for your pat

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine for me on Mac OS 10.15.7 / LR 10.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I also tested LR 10 / Windows 10 and observed the same behavior, even after resetting preferences.  Here's a screen recording:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffhqnw863qk6itn/auto-sync-survey.2020.10.27.mov?dl=0 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can duplicate Step 3 on Windows 10, John. 

I will get a bug logged for it. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see it now. I didn't read carefully enough the first time. I can reproduce the same behavior on Windows and Mac. I'll file a bug.

Good catch, John!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salut Jhon, hello, pareil sur la version française sur macOS 10.15.7 et LrC 10.0

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround, you can hold down 'option' key and then try changing the the stars under one of the thumbnails in survey mode. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings,

The Max 2021 Photography products updates have been released and include remedies for this topic.  The updates will be rolling out worldwide, October 26 and 27, 2021. If you do not see the updates in your Creative Cloud Desktop app, you can refresh the apps to see if the updates are available in your region.  The keyboard shortcut to refresh is [Cmd/Ctrl] + [Opt/Alt] + [ R ]. 

Note: iOS and Android updates may take up to a week to appear in your App Store.

Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate