• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Bleeding color with Healing Tool

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to 9.3 this morning. Healing aspect of spot removal tool now has bleeding in many previously edited pictures which did not previously have bleeding -- what was before a clean background with spots removed now has ugly bleeding of color, and I can't use the healing tool properly in new edits either -- bleeds result.   What can I do to fix this -- I am pretty concerned, this has affected many photos.  Thanks.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were officially released on 10.20.2020 that include fixes for this issue. Please install the most recent update and confirm that your issue is now fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 101 Replies 101
101 Comments
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it fixed in 9.4 version? It is not included in patch notes if so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately not fixed, really hope that there will be 9.4.1 hotfix.
this is too much, not being able to properly use 2 consecutive updates.
@Rikk Flohr, can you please try to escalate this issue for a possible hotfix so we don't have to wait another two months?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ping...
Adobe, any updates on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ping, any response?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/getting-the-most-from-this-forum-reporting-bu...

"Generally, Adobe does not announce the dates of pending bug fixes until they are actually released. ETAs will not be normally be released. "
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for responding.

I understand that Adobe cannot give us the exact ETA and time frames, but if my memory serves me well, with critical issues that warranted a hotfix release it was kind of hinted by the reps that it is acknowledged as critical and the team is working to fix it asap. Or in this case breaking a tool with two consecutive releases is not considered critical? (and not to mention waiting for almost half a year for a fix).
If 9.3 and 9.4 did not bring any new functionality and camera support, rolling back to 9.2.1 would a bit more bearable, but in this case it's really frustrating.
Sorry for ranting, but this approach really hits the nerve and with every similar case just pushes toward moving to competition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't apologise for ranting, this issue has gone on for FAR too long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this needs fixing. The healing tool is almost unuseable. The worst bit is that it reversely affects images that had been touched up in the past and looked fine before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this before and just noticed something that might help.

In my photo I have an intruding tree coming into the photo which is uncropped

When I try to use heal to remove this I end up with a black smudge

This is pretty much the default position of the source for the heal (I moved it around a bit during the demonstration).  But if I move the source to the edge of the image then the problem disappears
This might not work for every image as not every one will have a suitable edge to clone from, but its definitely helped this morning in a couple of images.  It seems like the heal behaviour is slightly different if the source is near the edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have known about this issue for at least three months now. The spot removal tool used to work well, now it doesn't, and as drubb has said it also 'reverse affects' images that had been previously touched up, looked great, and now look terrible. This is a professional tool. I don't want to use a previous version of it because one of the most basic, essential tools has been messed with. I want to use the current version, and I want it to work. Adobe needs to fix it, what is the update Rikk???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By now, I'm quite certain that we're stuck with this. I'm still on LR 9.2.1 for that reason - at least until Adobe will confirm that the new 9.3 etc. behavior is the standard now.

I wish they'd bump the Process Version when they mess with something that alters how edits are rendered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had tweeted about the issue the other day and whoever responded implied it was the first he/she had heard about this! I'm so fed up. Adobe gets my monthly fee. Is that all that matters to them? Someone had once told me that that was their reputation and I denied it, thinking they were better than that. PLEASE, Adobe, fix this! At some point the old version won't work if we get newer updates to the iOS (from what I've heard), and then we are all going to be completely stuck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ... and the person responding implied that the problem was at MY end, not theirs. Do they not READ these posts here? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps if everyone posted on Twitter, tagging Adobe and Lightroom, we'd get some results? It's just an idea, but worth a try ...? 

I'm trying to imaging transferring all of my work to something else and that is more than overwhelming. A simple fix by them and we'd all be set. HOW can they not see this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: My tweet citing this thread did get their attention. They say they are working on the issue. 

We can dream, right?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were officially released on 10.20.2020 that include fixes for this issue. Please install the most recent update and confirm that your issue is now fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk, this issue appears to be fixed on my Windows 10 system using LrC 10.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk, I can also confirm that this problem has been fixed in LrC 10.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone confirm that the problem has been fixed in the Mac version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with Arnold ... I'd love to hear from anyone using a Mac and LrC 10.0, please. Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be fixed in the mac version, too! I also have the impression that the heal stamp is much faster than before.
However, the performance in the library module in the grid view is worse.  But I'll wait a few more days to judge that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk-

Healing problem seems to be fixed -- thank you.  I have a new significant problem, however, after updating.  When I rename a folder, some or all of the pictures in that folder sometimes acquire an exclamation point in the upper righthand corner.  When I click on the exclamation point, I get this message:  “4551-2.DNG” could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it?"  While I can edit the photo despite this notation, I can't publish it or rename it, and it won't let me find the photo and eliminate the exclamation point -- when I try to do so, I get the message that the file is associated with another photo in the catalog.  This is a persistent problem.  Please advise how I can eliminate this problem in the new update -- I often rename folders and this is frustrating, particularly that I now can't publish.   Thanks.  Pamina

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone upgraded to 10 yet to see if the problem persists?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Martin Sammtleben Seems to be fixed. See 'Official Solution' and responses pinned on page 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens when you rename or move files or folders outside LrC using Windows Explorer or Mac Finder. Don't do that!

"the file is associated with another photo in the catalog."

Sounds like you reimported the renamed folder. To fix this find that folder using Windows Explorer or Mac Finder, rename it the folder name that's showing inside LrC. The exclamation points should now be gone. If you find another folder inside LrC with the same image files with exclamation points right-click on the folder and select 'Remove.' Once that's completed you can rename the folder from inside LrC by right-clicking on it and selecting 'Rename.'

Votes

Translate

Translate