Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Book Module: Export to PDF hangs/never completes; some pages are blank

LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic v9.1 on MacOS Mojave 10.14.4

Trying to export a book to PDF. 13x11 size, no cover. PDF will be created with most pages, but pages using specific custom pages are skipped/left blank. In LR, the progress bar still says "exporting book to PDF," and that process is never completed. 

I made a copy of the book and eliminated all pages except the two problem pages. Same result, cannot export those two pages to PDF, progress never completes.

I changed the images for those two pages. Same result.

I changed those two pages to use one of LR's templates and different images. The PDF now includes actual pages (not blank ones), but the process never completes. 

I exported this book to a new catalog. Tried different PDF settings (quality, color space, etc). I deleted preferences. Deleted all custom templates I created. Rebooted. Etc. Problem persists. 

I CAN, however, export this book to JPEG, but that is a more time consuming workflow. 

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Using custom layouts:

Using LR's own default page layouts:

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LM,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We are able to replicate the issue and bug is logged for the same. The issue is specific to "No Cover". The same page template is working fine with other cover types.

-Mayuri

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm not crazy! I'm actually pleased to know this is a bug. There must be something wrong with my custom layouts, because I recreated them and I am able to get those pages to build. I did a test PDF export with a blank cover and the entire process finishes as expected now. 

Looking forward to a new release to fix this bug. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updates to Lightroom Classic, Camera Raw, and the Lightroom Ecosystem were released yesterday and contain a fix for this issue.  Please install the appropriate update and see if it solves this problem. You can read more about the updates here.

Thank you for your patience. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate