Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

P: Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic: Internal math error on export

9 Votes
Engaged ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ScreenShot20210401at7.59.44AM-d1428c80-b880-4866-afcf-87b6b570ff45-576464191.pngScreenShot20210401at7.59.44AM-d1428c80-b880-4866-afcf-87b6b570ff45-576464191.png

After exporting this error report populates and states that an internal math error has occurred for 18 of the images. I'm not sure how to fix this. Can someone help me out? 

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
64 Comments
Participant ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Windows machine, back on the Lightroom version 8 and 9 releases, this sometimes happened to me. But it hasn't happened on V10. When it happened, the fix was to just redo the export. It would sometimes happen on import as well.

1. Which Lightroom product are you using, I'm using LRC? 
  2. Which version of Lightroom?
  3. What operating system and version? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic is unable export 18 images. Lightroom says, "Internal math error occured". This has never happened before. I also reset all the "Adobe Lightroom Classic CC" preferences by uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Lightroom Classic. Please help me thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open these images with another application such as the Photos apps included with macOS or windows?

Please supply additional information:

• operating system and version
  • Lightroom version 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having same intermittent issue for last couple of weeks , using Big Sur 11.2.3 and LR Classic 10.2. Only way around it is to reimport the photo's from original memory card and reimport into LR..... pain as internal math error only happens when exporting... so can send ages editing and then find you are xxxxxxx.

Once error occurs the files are marked in Library with a black circle and exclamation mark.

This time it impacted 25 images that I had edited. So 50 successfully edited and exported. All images from same camera (1DX) imported as CR2 and export was jpeg, 2 jpeg sizes used full res and longest edge 1920px.

Have checked the the original CR2 in the LR files location can be edited in photoshop.

Ask if you need anything else

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Olá,

Estou com o mesmo problema no Lightroom, sempre que vou exportar alguma foto no modo "Revelação" ocorre o erro "Erro matemático interno"

• Adobe software: Lightroom 10.2
  • Operating system: Windows 10 Pro
  • Relevant hardware: 8GB RAM
  • WhatsAppImage20210408at12.58.2-a157c83a-953c-4543-b40c-2299c8485bcc-717580813.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I figured out that it only happens when you copy and paste the style from one photo to another, or also when you apply a preset. When you try to export the original file or edit the photo from scratch it doesnt show the error.

So if you want to save some time until this is fixed, my solution is to copy everything from a photo except the Process Version (you will have to uncheck some adjustments) and that's it. You can't copy and paste everything but it's something.

I hope you guys can fix this soon.

• Operating system: Windows 10 Pro
  • Relevant hardware: 16GB RAM

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Há previsão da correção deste erro matemático interno do Lightroom?

A Adobe já respondeu alguém aqui?

Mesmo problema aqui.

Não exporta as imagens com exclamação e afirma ser erro matemático interno do ligthroom.

• Operating system: MAC Big Sur 11.2.3
  • Relevant hardware: 8GB RAM

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Achei que o problema era só comigo.
Tenho tido muita dor de cabeça com esse erro.
Começou a aparecer há uns dias.
Alguém já foi respondido sobre o que fazer nesse caso? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had the same issue. 3 of my 147 exported files couldn't export due to the math error. I narrowed it down to using the transform function, and more specifically vertical. If I reset that back to 0 it'd allow me to export. Not ideal given the skewed lines, but it got me through the issue for now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a heavy user of Guided Transform on Windows without this problem. I'm on Windows 10 Pro with all updates and can't recreate the problem. My machine has 64GB of RAM, not sure if it matters. I'm exporting RAW images, mostly Fuji-X and Olympus,  to full JPEGs, at 4K or FHD. The video card is a Quadro P2200 with 5GB of RAM. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running a fair bit less power than yours - MacBook Pro (2019) - 8gb ram (Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 1536MB). Lightroom is up to date. Using Sony (A7iii) ARW files which Lightroom converts on import. I exported a +600 image wedding yesterday without issue that included vertical transform adjustments. Just this morning when 3 of the 147 had vertical transform adjustment included that it didn't like them. Potentially another combination of settings that also triggering it, but as I said if I reset the transform slider back to 0 I can get around it and adjust in Photoshop instead. It's not ideal and I'm glad it's only on 3 images otherwise it'd be huge pain.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*jorgevelafoto UPDATE: I exported 2 more projects and had no errors. I dont know why it happened before.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ash, if you have a photo that reliably reproduces this problem, please do Metadata > Save Metadata To File (with the non-zero Transform settings), upload the .arw and its .xmp sidecar to Dropbox or similar, and post the sharing link here.  So far, no one has provided a reliable means to reproduce the issue, which will make it much harder for Adobe to address.

Also, please do Help > System Info and copy the first ten lines to here.  The Creative Cloud app not infrequently fails to keep your apps up-to-date, so it's important to know the exact versions of LR and Mac OS you're running.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. When I used the transform tool on images with copy and pasted settings it would go blank and then I’d get the exclamation point saying “Lightroom is having trouble reading this photo.” I tried deleting and re importing the photos several times- same thing. I also got the export error “internal math error” when I’d export about half of my images. I finally unchecked the “process calibration” when I copied the settings and that seemed to fix it. I didn’t get the error again when I pasted the new copied settings. Hopefully this bug gets fixed soon. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images are corrupted exporting reporting Math Error, after editing over 600 photos of a wedding......

Exporting to DNG is an option, then create a new Catalog and exporting to JPG is not reporting errors but is killing my workflow...

Copy/paste is still failing

Awaiting for the proper solution

Versions:

BIG SUR 11,3,1

LRC 10,2

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to hear about your issue @paying4sheet. 

I have a few questions for you.

• Were all 600 images corrupted or a smaller number? How many?
  • Is it only on Export as JPEG that you see the issue? Export as Tiff?  
  • You mention export as DNG and creating a new catalog. Do those images not import into and work from your regular catalog?

No one at Adobe has yet been able to reproduce this issue. We need example files and step by step instructions to try and recreate this issue so the devs can fix it. 

Can anyone here provide an image that fails and the steps used to create the error?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue!! Adobe please fix this bug. I have never had this issue before. What the heck! I was working on 900 photos for a client and this showed up. Same thing would happen when I would copy and paste settings or presets. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found a correction to this issue?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, it's so bizarre and so completely frustrating! I've literally tried everything imaginable for the past two days and thought I was going crazy until finding this thread... thank you all for sharing, and Adobe please fix this bug! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing the same issue, and it's random, which makes it really difficult to figure out. However, the issue/error message does seem to occur when syncing settings or using copy/paste in the Develop module. I uninstalled and reinstalled every recent version of Lightroom Classic, created a new catalog, exported and renamed the files, and imported new files and nothing seems to change or fix the issue – it only (and continues to) glitches and corrupts the files in the develop module. I can export as DNG or JPEG but none of the changes are recorded. 

ScreenShot20210604at11.34.10AM-ebce09a4-5191-4f38-b0d8-9bb1c163ee16-169421819.png
ScreenShot20210604at11.34.01AM-69b629a0-986d-49ac-83bc-843168834700-1024728473.png
I don't have a screenshot of it, but I've also received the "math error" and this error when I've attempted to edit the files in PS - 
ScreenShot20210604at1.27.51PM-1f057046-33cf-45c5-b5de-afe75d74aa74-190214656.png
Please help! I have so many clients waiting on images! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alguém já teve retorno sobre esse erro?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google translation: "Has anyone had feedback on this error?"

This bug report is marked "In progress" at the top, which means that Adobe is actively working on it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue! I am exporting over 800 photos for a wedding, and maddeningly, the 12 best bridal photos are the ones that are reporting the math error! I have tried clearing multiple caches, I have tried updating Lightroom, restarting that and my computer multiple times, I have tried to delete the photos and reupload them to Lightroom and re-edit them, and then I get the same error message on export. Also if I try to zoom in to these photos at 100%, the exposure goes darker. When I click and drag while zoomed in, the photo goes to my edited exposure, then as soon as I let go of the click it goes dark again. And when I zoom back out to 50% or 0%, the photo stays at normal edited exposure. Also, when I am zoomed in to 100% or more, the brush doesn't work.

I edited these 12 photos the exact same way I edited the rest of the 800+ photos. I always use a preset and tweak on top of that.

My info:

Macbook Pro 2015

Big Sur 11.3

Lightroom Classic 10.3

Canon R6, R Adapter, Canon 24-70mm 2.4L II

This has been so frustrating -- I can't deliver the photos when the bride needs them because I can't export them! Please fix this! The same thing happened last week with a family session and I couldn't export 4 photos for the same reason. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines