• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Camera Raw: Profiles - RAW files - Sony A6600

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the color profile in Lightroom and set it to any profile, including (and most visibly on) camera type profiles, will make (especially) the skin tones very/only yellow.This issue occurs only on Sony A6600 RAW files.Please note that the issue is NOT related (or influenced by/triggered by/associated with):- monitors (3 type of monitors, various brands, tested)- PC specs (2 pc, low & high specs)- other cameras (have been tested and the issue does not occur on the following: Canon EOS 1D (2002 model), Sony A6000, A7, A7s, A7iii)- software (Lightroom is at it's latest version, with auto-updates configured and it is an official license, mobthly subscription)- camera settings (regardlless of WB, WB Shift or any other settings, profiles, the issue occurs)- lens/lens attachments (regardless of the lens/lens attachments, the issue occurs)- time/location (the issue occurs regardless of the photo being taken outdoors/indoors, day/night/artifical light)Also, please note that further investigations point to either:1. The way Sony A6600 is reading and writing color on raw files (it is more of a guess, based on on-field comparison between A6000, A7iii and A6600, shooting the same image with the same lens and setting, WB being on Auto, Custom (K) or Daylight)2. The way Lightroom understands the latest algorithms from this camera. (Also a guess, based on the fact that A6600 is the latest Sony camera. More so, the camera has the latest and newest Sony algorithms).I will further investigate as Lightroom updates will appear amd I will update this post as more informations are being tested/discovered.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020
Thanks for the files. We've opened an issue with the Camera Raw team to investigate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
10 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity, Andrei, using the same files, are you able to duplicate this in Adobe Camera Raw?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, Adobe needs to get on this (I just recommended an A6600 to a club member who is a Lightroom user)! Get'em Rikk!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Tomorrow I am going to take a few more photos and will try them on Camera Raw too. My guess is "yes" but will come back with an official answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curiosity didn't let me sleep: yes, the raw files of the Sony A6600 are also encountering this issue in Camera Raw (latest update).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot showing the differences would be helpful if you could post one. Additionally, a sample raw of one of the files you screenshot would be great if you are able to share. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as I arrive home, I'll upload them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
Attached to this message is a google drive (personal account) to a few before&after screenshots and two Sony A6600 raw files.

Please note that further investigations indicate that:
1. (although) the A6600's AWB read is slower than A6000 (leading to slight variations in colors)
2. Changing the RGB slider from Tone Curves have a greater impact in the photos where any 'Camera Matching' profile (especially 'Camera Neutral') is applied.
3. Applying to a raw file only a 'Camera Matching' profile changes the orange colors to a "washed out" yellow color while, changing the RGB slider from Tome Curves will only accentuate the effect.
4. Applying presets that were created on A6000 files, on A6600 files, will result in the same issue. (Yes, presets are affected by camera settings and light conditions but the difference between thes is too big/visible to not mention it.)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?i...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera is good. Actually, I'm impressed by the colors of the A6600, compared to A6000 or A7iii. It has a few things that I don't like. For instance, the AWB's read is slower than the A6000 and this weird color read when applying any Camera Matching profile, or the AF speed and rare misses when using Sigma 50mm f/1.4 ART FEmount (but this one is nornal. The lens is very very heavy and it's not an issue more of an.."unnecessary complain" :)) )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the files. We've opened an issue with the Camera Raw team to investigate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for the update!

Votes

Translate