• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Can't launch the most recent update of Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP - I downloaded and installed the latest upgrade to Lightroom Classic and it will not launch. I have uninstaleld it - twice - shut down my Mac computer, restarted and then tried to install the program. Nothing works. Until the new upgrade, it worked perfectly...suggestions??

Thanks,

Terry

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Here is the workaround for resolving the issue of Lightroom Classic 12.3 not launching on macOS:

Manually change the permissions on the following folders and on all the items in these folders to Read & Write for the current user, so that Adobe applications are able to write to these folders when opened or during use:

/Users/[user name]/Library/Logs/
/Users/[user name]/Library/Logs/Adobe/

Note:

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 132 Replies 132
132 Comments
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded the Monterey to 12.6.5.  I do not have a clue why 'System Integrity Protection' is disabled. Could some other app have done that? As you' ve guessed by now that I am no tech wonder, I certainly did not disable it 😞

Is the latest LR too much for my mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

bei mir hat geholfen die Berechtigung in dem Ordner

/users /xxxx/Library/Logs/Adobe/

auf schreiben und Lesen für Staff und everyone zu ändern!

https://support.apple.com/kb/ph25287 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU just meets the minimum requirements (i.e. 2GB). Therefore, LrC should work, although the AI based features (Masks, Denoise and Export) will be slow/laggy.

You mentioned that you'd updated to 12.6.5. Did this help?  If not (I suspect not), then can you tell us when it last launched without a crash and what has changed between the last time LrC launched without crashing and now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the new Monterey did not help (I also re-installed LR again, to no avail).  LR worked fine yesterday. I think also yesterday my CC updated Photoshop, CameraRaw and AE. I remember now that when I started up Photoshop today I got a pop-up warning saying something about the 'generator'. I closed it before I realised what it said. Does this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I tried but it seems I have no permission to change that 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is totally weird since I had to use my computer password and still couldn't get it changed 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop popup is probably related to the Generator Plugins. It's unlikely that this would have affected LrC. That being said, Creative Cloud updating other apps may have changed something shared with LrC. The only thing I can think of on that front is the GPU compatibility check.

On the off chance that the GPU is causing the crash. You should check whether the following helps

1. Locate the Camera Raw GPU Config.txt file.

• (macOS) /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/GPU/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic/Camera Raw GPU Config.txt

The user Library folder is hidden by default in macOS X 10.7 and later releases. Use the directions here.

2. Manually delete the Camera Raw GPU Config.txt file.

3. Launch Lightroom Classic.

Others experiencing crashes at launch have reported that reverting to LrC 12.2.1 helps, but let's first check whether it's the GPU tests that are at fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like an OS crash dialog and not Adobe's. This means it won't be in our system as it was sent to Apple. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the file, but didn't help. LR crashed at startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!! I tried it again and LR started up!!  Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to change the permission for the file described by Heinero, down below, and it worked! It started!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the same fix as described by Adobe's Smit K in this thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-can-t-launch-the-most-recent-update-of-light...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography  Since the issue raised in this thread was resolved using the same fix as Smit K provided in https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-can-t-launch-the-most-recent-update-of-light... then I think it would be beneficial to merge the two threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a major issue on lightroom classic.
first my setup : MAC BOOK PRO M1 PRO VENTURA 13.3.1, 32g RAM, 2TO SSD

Lightroom classic latest version.

Lightroom refuse to lunch. I lightroom icon appears for 1 or 2 second in my dock and then disapear.  

Photoshop is ok as the other software of my package. Only lightroom classic as all of you

I have uninstall Lightroom, delete the files, I have tried to open old catalogs. Same issue. Permissions were already on Read & Write.
I have attached screenshots. Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 12.54.02.pngScreenshot 2023-05-18 at 13.21.19.png

I want to precise it was also before I upgrade to Ventura.

Do you how I can get the older version of lightroom? 

Also I do not have any crash reports. Nothing shows up

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also,

Unlike others, installing older of lightroom classic versions is not helping. Same issue.

After installing older version the icon on the dock just last 5/6 seconds the first time I try to lunch it after instal. When I try to lunch it for a second try then the icon just 1 second, as before with the 13 version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated the LrC to 12.3 and my computer Mac Studio is updated to macOS Ventura 13.4. Apple M1 Ultra 64GB RAM. 

My LrC won´t even start, I can just see a glimps of a picture and the crash window report. Any suggestion, or possible solution appreciated. I have already try to re-install the LrC, didn´t work. Thanks a lot in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this look like the same issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/can-t-launch-the-most-recent-update-of-... 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In deed. I just see your post. I tried all the solutions proposed. It does not work. I try re-installing, changing the access rights to the /library folders (although they are not located as indicated in the solution, the library folder is a main folder not under a user). Anyways.. it just can´t start up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,
bei mir hat geholfen die Berechtigung in dem Ordner
/users /xxxx/Library/Logs/Adobe/
auf schreiben und Lesen für Staff und everyone zu ändern!
 https://support.apple.com/kb/ph25287 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this does not help in my case. Thanks tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Diego Espin There is an update to macOS Ventura 13.4.1, Have you tried to see if it helps?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have. My machine is fully updated to macOS Ventura 13.4 (22F66). There is no more available updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is macOS Ventura 13.4.1

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the permissions to Read & Write in the Library Log flolders and Adobe Log folders worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LeC 12.3 startet auf meinem MacStudio MacOS  13.3.1 nicht.
nach dem Start kommt sofort eine Feherlmeldung.
nach einem Rückfall auf LrC 12.2.1 startet LrC sofort wieder, mehrfach probiert.

wo leigt hier das Problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate