• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Can't remove favorites for deleted folders and collections

LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you delete a folder or collection from the catalog, LR doesn't remove references to the folder or collection from the favorites of the film strip's source menu.  It's impossible to delete the dangling references to collections from the favorites.

To reproduce:

1. Make a new catalog and import one photo into it.

2. Make a collection containing the photo.

3. Select the folder containing the photo, click the film strip's source menu in the top left of the strip, and do Add To Favorites.  Select the collection and do Add To Favorites.

4. Delete the collection and remove the folder from the catalog.

5. The source menu still shows the folder as a favorite. The menu now shows "Collection: Collection" as a favorite, rather than the original name of the collection.

6. Restart LR.

7. The favorite for the folder is now gone, but "Collection: Collection" still appears, and there is no way to get rid of it. 

Tested on: LR 9.4 / Mac OS 10.15.5 and Windows 10.

Updated to correct the bug recipe.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this OS agnostic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great catch John.  It does this on my Mac too.  Fortunately, a restart clears the issue up.

BYW, I do not have a RightClick menu item on a Collection for Mark Favorite.  To make a collection as a favorite I have to use the Filmstrip dropdown and a dot doesn't show by the collection.  It only shows in the Favorites list.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the bug recipe to indicate that restarting LR removes the dangling reference to the folder favorite, but the dangling reference to the collection favorite changes to "Collection: Collection", and restarting doesn't clear it.  I also clarified how to add a favorite for a collection.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I tried this again with your new recipe (which was the same thing I did before) and I duplicated your results exactly.  The "Collection:Collection" can not be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,
Thank you for reporting the issue.We are able to reproduce the issue internally and have logged a bug the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were released on 10.20.2020 that include fixes for these issues. Please install the most recent update and confirm that your issue is now fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I confirmed that the bug recipe no longer triggers the bad behavior. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate