• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Can't select Enable Profile Corrections for a set of Smart Previews

Engaged ,
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my efforts to speed up LR, I've been building Smart Previews and then taking the RAW folder (24MP Nikon D750 DNG files) offline via folder rename. Works! But, when I select a set of Smart Previews and try to use Lens Corrections (ENABLE PROFILE CORRECTIONS), LR throws and error "File Not Found". It does work just fine with single image selections. Just not a group.

LR ---does--- apply the lens corrections to the Smart Previews, but when I bring the full-size DNG back online, the lens correction is disabled. That's quite bad behavior!

Mac 10.10.4 - LR 2015.3 - 480GB SSD - 32GB Ram

[ ◉"]
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016
This issue should be resolved by installing the Lightroom update that was released today:

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjourn...

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the report. This is a know issue (possibly since Lr 5.0) and will be fixed in the next Lr dot release update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Any chance you guys are working on a toggle in Develop to load Smart Previews when Originals are online (connected)? I use a 4k monitor with 5GHz cpu and LR's still just not really usable loading 24MP 14-bit DNG into that module. It works, but it's too slow to transition between the files. If I build Smart Previews and then rename my DNG folder, it's snappy. At this point in most workflows, critical detail analysis has been done in the Library module.
[ ◉"]

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a reasonable request, the ability to toggle using Smart Previews to speed up Develop, although having Export always use the originals and warn if it can't might be prudent, just so people don't forget.

The other place originals would be useful to use is in the Detail adjustments for sharpening and noise-reduction, since those are best judged using original pixels zoomed 1:1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats exactly why it would be great to have the toggle. Would be obvious that exports and file moves would be done to the originals. But, with 3000 photos per job and 30 jobs per year, I want to be able to trade some accuracy for speed and that's exactly what proxy "smart previews" would be perfect for.
[ ◉"]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This issue should be resolved by installing the Lightroom update that was released today:

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjourn...

Votes

Translate

Translate