• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crashes on Import or Export

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Lightroom Classic 10.0 on a MacBook Pro (macOS Catalina version 10.15.7) and Lightroom keeps crashing when importing or exporting images. I’ve made sure I am running the latest software and updates, I’ve tried restarting my computer multiple times, I’ve reset my LR preferences and the catalog I’m using was optimized today. This issue started happening when I was still running LR 9.4 and then I updated to 10.0 and nothing changed. What can I do? I’ve never had this happen before today.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
22 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've reviewed the email address you use with this forum and find no crash reports in our system.

Did you see a crash dialog?

Do you use a different email address when filling out the crash report?

Was the crash dialog Adobe or Apple?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filing out the crash report? I was only asked if I wanted a report sent and selected yes. My email address is: c........@yahoo.com and I did not receive an email that you had left a response to my post- I needed to manually check here. So I wonder if my account details are not entered accurately? I have included three different screenshots of the boxes that have popped up upon crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempting to  upload three screenshots ScreenShot20201029at9.57.25AM-9b4f738c-f4d4-4687-8f3c-9855613971cf-40444058.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will not allow me to upload three at a time...so here is a second screenshot ScreenShot20201029at11.44.59AM-9334b01f-aa01-4e6d-a55e-7f27b401944c-736624678.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I still haven't heard back from you or anyone about this issue. I did just get off the phone with Apple and they spent almost an hour troubleshooting and restarting my computer and determined that it is definitely an Adobe or Lightroom issue not an issue with my computer or their software. I am really needing to resolve this- as it has completely stopped me from being able to work and deliver images to my clients. Here is another dialog box that popped up today when troubleshooting with Apple. I did fill out the box and put this email address... please note that this box appeared quite late after the LR crash so it's possible that is why you don't have record of this crash previously.

ScreenShot20201030at5.58.00PM-b1139047-a26c-4630-a06b-2b901faa0c25-608930055.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has only been crashing when I export or import images..not when editing. But I have figured out that I can export 10-15 images without a problem... expect today I successfully exported 80 images. I can import only around 100 images before it crashes...and today it started crashing when editing too. So it doesn't seem to be consistent anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Four days later and I am still waiting on a response. Here are some updates- I have finally received and filled out several crash forms for LR. I only get the option of filing out a crash report about 1/4 of the times that either LR crashed or my computer restarts- so this is something Adobe should note and probably not be the first or only thing a tech worker asks for. 

LR is now either crashing or my whole computer is restarting even when I cull images (add star ratings) so the issue has moved beyond just issues with importing and exporting. I also imported all the images off two memory cards onto both the internal drive of my laptop and an external drive for safety without any issues at all. This was a total of 46.06 gb of files 1,774 images. The entire process took about 30 minutes and I had zero issues. My computer did not restart once. I was not running LR at all during this process. Then- I tried importing thes new images from my internal drive into LR using the "add" option in the import dialog. My entire computer restarted after about 15 seconds of doing this. When I rebooted and opened LR again- the images had successfully imported though. This tells me that there is not an issue with my hard rive or my computer or memory cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another screenshot of a report that starts with the word "panic" ScreenShot20201101at7.11.43PM-2a330be5-72d6-4873-ac96-344410742471-1451021224.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Cathlenie,

I can now see crash reports under your address.  I've asked the engineering team to review the crash report and respond. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still struggling to use Lightroom and my client deadlines are being pushed back because of it- still waiting on some advice and troubleshooting from your team 6 days later.

Here is what's new: yesterday I stuck to editing only 20 images at a time and exporting only 10 images at a time. It was incredibly time consuming but I only had a couple of LR crashes/computer restarts. Today I tried to export 30 images at a time and it worked without crashing- while previous days this would have crashed the system. I then tried opening a new catalog and importing my latest shoot into the new catalog from my internal hardrive using the "add" button. The import worked without crashing - but when I tried to export 200 images my computer restarted and I never got a LR crash report (which happens quite often). When I opened LR back up- my previous import into this new catalog didn't save apparently. I have now deleted the new catalog - and I am stick knowing what to tell my clients waiting for their galleries. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team is still evaluating. When I have an update, I will post to this thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

Its been 8 days since you updated this thread - and I am still having the same problems. I can only cull in about 15 minute chunks before having to shut down Lightroom and save my work before the program crashes. I literally cannot work this way and need your team to help me remedy the problem. It's been 2 weeks since I started this thread- and nothing from anyone at Adobe. I cannot pay for (let alone rely on) a software that crashes without any help from your support team. Myself and many photographers have put a lot of trust in your software- and to leave a customer stranded for 2 weeks without support does not earn that trust. How can I get support on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team is continuing to evaluate related crash reports and plans to release an fix in the next update. There is no ETA I can share at this time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absurd. It is the height of wedding editing season and I cannot use your software because it is full of bugs and you have provided ZERO support and are saying there is no eta on the issues being fixed?!?! This is completely unacceptable for a company of your caliber. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still looking for assistance with all these issues I have with Lightroom everyday. To be clear- all of these crashes started happening a month ago when I was still running 9.4. Crash logs did NOT pop up then- and still do not pop up more than half the time LR crashes. This is why you wont find crash logs for these issues when I was running 9.4

I updated LR to 10.0 and the issues continued ( and do not always give me a crash log option when the system crashes) so I am not confident a 10.1 update will resolve issues happening before 10.0 that Adobe hasn't yet acknowledged. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cathlenie,

You should have received a private email from the team regarding this yesterday.  Please let me know if you did not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not received a "private email from the team" or any communication from support in the 4+ weeks I have been having issues with LR software. Unless you are referring to the generic email I received this morning from Adobe thanking me for agreeing to be a "tester for Lightroom"- which I did not agree to do- nor was I given any information about. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The email you received from the team was specific to you and not generic. They are inviting you to an area where you can test a version of Lightroom to see if it fixes your crashes.  The information is found at the forum after accepting the link. 

If you do not wish to participate, that is your option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

There is zero information in that email about what type of help I will receive if I "accept" being a "tester" of the unreleased update. It just thanks me for accepting & asks me to agree to their terms. It doesn't even explain what I am actually agreeing to- and what I will get in exchange. 

Because I have had many weeks of issues and crashes with zero tech support- I am concerned that "testing" an unreleased LR update with no 1:1 communication or support from Adobe will get me into a worse situation than I am in now- and I will further struggle to deliver client work on time. 

If Adobe is personally reaching out to me about my specific issues lasting many weeks- why isn't any of that clear in the email? As well as what protections I will receive? I am needing to make sure I am protecting myself from being a guinea pig for further Adobe issues without receiving any tech support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me what type of 1:1 tech support I will receive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cathlenie,

I am not able to share information about internal workings of Prerelease on a public forum.  I will send you a private email with answers to your questions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please try the release from yesterday (10.1) and see if you are still seeing the crashes. Please fill out the crash reports if you do so we can see the reports on our end.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate