P: Crop Overlay Broken

1 Vote
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Crop Overlay tool is broken. I have tried both the panel option, as well as, the menu pulldown option (Tools | Crop). Select an image -> Activate the Crop Overlay tool -> Adjust size and/or orientation of your image to taste -> Select Done. Move to the next image. Move back to the image you just cropped. The image is then re-cropped to something arbitrary. This is happening 100% of the time (12 out of 12 images) on vertically oriented Canon 5D Mark III RAW images. I'm using LR5.2RC (downloaded 30 minutes ago) on a 2012 MBP w/ 2.2 i7 processor with 8GB DDR3.Please, please fix this in the official LR update!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017
This was fixed on Lightroom 5.3 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
2 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An UPDATE on this bug: The crop only changes if I apply an angle to it. If I simply crop the image making it smaller, even if I change the orientation from portrait to landscape, the crop holds from image to image. But.. if I apply an angle AND make it smaller, once I click Done, go on to another image, then go back.. the crop box (if you will) actually goes as far as it can to the edge of the image. The angle stays the same. It's a weird bug, but a bug that needs fixed nonetheless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This was fixed on Lightroom 5.3 or later.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Votes

Translate

Translate