• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: CTRL-H switches functions after a few dozen uses

Participant ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After HDR stacking a couple dozen sets of images, CTRL-H (to invoke HDR stacking) switches to opening Outlook. Tried switching around to different functions and images to no avail. Shutting down and restarting Lightroom gets it back. Forgot to try the menu option, next time it happens I'll try that. 

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
18 Comments
Contributor ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The menu option works when this bug shows itself. The bug also alternates between opening Outlook, initiating an export and executing an 'Edit In' command. It also happens after a few panos. It's the hardest one to reproduce as we do know what triggers it but it's not consistent.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be more clear:

[Ctrl]+[H] launches a closed Outlook or switches to an already-open Outlook? 

@Jerry Syder - are you able to reproduce this?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It launches a closed Outlook, I never use Outlook but it is installed as part of MS Office. Also when this happens, all my previous Export settings are changed. The Lightroom restart does not restore the settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After about 5 stacks, CTRL-H opens an Explorer window (Windows 10) with a heading of Choose Folder. It did this a couple times in the past as well. Also after shutting down Lightroom, it is very slow to re-open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't at the moment as it won't happen. Its happened sporadically throughout the years. There are a few posts that went dormant because it's almost impossible to reproduce. The last time it happened to me, it was 2 months ago maybe. I'd try and record it next time because when it happens, it persists until a restart is made. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is part of the "initiating an export" bit I mentioned above. Choose Folder is part of an action that happens when exporting and one chooses 'Choose folder later'. So it seems that you have experienced one of the scenarios I mentioned as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem 1: I was surprised sometime back when I accidentally discovered that Ctrl-H (Windows) for HDR stacking worked both in the Library and Develop modules. Well as of today, in the Library module, it opens a Choose Folder window for the Windows File Manager. As it can be difficult choosing the images to stack in the filmstrip:
  • in Library module
  • choose images
  • switch to Develop module
  • Ctrl-H 
  • revert to Library module to find the HDR image or scan around in the film strip 
  • reset to keyword set, see Problem 2 below

Problem 2: A separate very irritating problem is that when returning from stacking, it reverts to showing all the photos in my library. Typically I give a keyword to the set of photos being worked on so just clicking on the arrow in the Keyword List takes me straight to those photos. Then I do some editing. Bouncing back and forth between Library and Develop works fine unless I stack some images in which case it reverts to all images. Just one click to recover but still irritating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm embarrassed. I forgot that Lightroom needs to be shutdown every hour or so and then it goes back to working normally. Sometimes it gets confused after 15-20 minutes, other times it waits a couple of hours but this has been happening more often with 9.1 and now much more often with 9.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

while pressing Ctrl+H i have additional external editor menu, but not HDR merge.
Ctrl+Shift+H works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm...everything goes well after reboot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue right now, CTRL H worked 30 minutes ago, now it's launching Autopano Giga....?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HDR steps, from one that works thru a failure

1. Library module
  2. click right arrow on keyword for the group being worked
  3. highlight 2-5 images
  4. CTRL-H 
    -Auto Align - checked 
    -Auto Settings - checked 
    -Deghost Amount - High
    -Show Deghost Overlay - checked 
    -Create Stack - not checked 
  5. Enter key to perform Merge (sometimes click Merge button) 
  6. click right arrow on keyword for the group being worked
  7. click on HDR image 
  8. switch to Develop module
  9. make some edits: crop, highlights, etc. 
  10. return to Library module 
  11. delete the images that were input to the stack 

--repeat--

highlight 2-5 images 
CRTL-H 
   -opens Outlook 
   -opens File Manager window 
   -does nothing 
   -or, all I can recall for the moment 

Note: the images to be worked on have been tagged with a keyword. After either opening Lightroom or returning from the HDR operation, all the images are displayed in the Library window. Hence the need to click on the right-arrow to get back to just the images of interest. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading this and the merged threads it does not appear this is related to 9.2.1 but occurred much earlier? Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes when pressing
shortcuts for Merge to Panorama (Ctrl + M) or HDR (Ctrl + H), external
applications open instead of the relevant ‘Merge to’ dialog box. There doesn't seem to be a pattern as to when this occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with one of them merging, Jerry.  I have merged it but will leave your post intact. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue remains for me, as many.  Any solutions to this, or new insights? without having to close down, and reopen LRC everytime this happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jan 2024 I've had this problem often over the years and it still continues. As others have mentioned Ctrl+H will work perfect for a while and then for me that shortcut will then magically turn into an Export Photos action. Restarting LRC always fixes it and you can still go through the file menu to "Merge to HDR", but I can't figure out how that shortcut magically becomes something else. I've never seen it happen with any other shortcuts or with any other application, Adobe or otherwise. It's bizarre.

Votes

Translate

Translate