• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Deleting rejected photos while in Develop doesn't work

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last LR update, images have been "stuck" in the Develop module. It happens regularly, but so far I've been unable to identify a triggering event. For example, I was editing an image in Develop this morning. Then went to the Library module and selected a different image. When I clicked back to Develop, the original image I'd been working on was still displayed. Clicking any other module displayed the new image I wanted to work on, but the Develop module continued to display the original image. (Note: I don't necessarily have to select an image in Library to make this happen - sometimes just selecting a new image while still in Develop will yield a stuck image.) If I try to make edits to the image, it is the new image that gets the changes, not the stuck image, so it's only an issue with the previewed image. 

The only current fix for this is to close and reopen LR. When I do, the image that I wanted to work on is now displayed.

I understand from Victoria Brampton that you may already be working on this. And I note there is a thread of others complaining of the same issue: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9201341#9201341 

If I can help you with information about my settings, please let me know what you need. FYI, I'm on Windows 10 (all updates are current) and Adobe CC (all updates are current).

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016
With Aundray's instuctions, I was finally able to duplicate the bug. It has been filed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
57 Comments
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, I just saw this behavior this morning on Mac 10.11.6. I had to Force Quit Lightroom as just quitting gave me the beachball of death.
Steve Gandy
Photographer - Instructor
stevegandy.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SJ, are you also on Mac?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, just windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I x photos for deletion and delete them from disk, they are deleted but one of the pictures gets stuck in the Develop mode. If I x them and then go to library mode, they will delete okay and not get stuck. Otherwise I have to restart LR. Will Adobe fix this bug soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem under OS X 10.11.6. I can switch photos in the Library but in Develop it remains stuck. I once waited 10 minutes, but nothing happened. I exit LR and restart it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thus far I have been unable to duplicate this issue on Sierra or Win10. Of those of you who've posted: Can you repeat this issue? Can you write step by step instructions for how to get the Develop image stuck?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It felt like an intermittent problem but I'll pay attention and see if it happens again.
Steve Gandy
stevegandy.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto here...I'll try to pay attention to possible triggers.

Someone on the thread I mentioned in the original post said it happens after a Ctr-Backspace delete of X'd images. I do recall that I'd done a Ctr-Backspace before yesterday's image was stuck. However, it got stuck when I moved to a different image in Library, then clicked back to Develop (it ONLY happens in Develop). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, interesting, I just made it happen. Not sure yet if it's replicable, but here's what I did and I guess it makes sense.

I rejected several images in Develop mode with an X and ended on an image I was NOT going to delete. Did a Ctrl-Backspace to delete and everything was fine.

THEN, rejected several more images, but this time ended on an image that was part of the rejected group. Did a Ctrl-Backspace to delete and now the previewed image froze - the image frozen is the rejected image that had been showing when I did the Ctrl-Backspace.

If I go into any other module, I can select any image and view it. But going back into Develop ONLY displays that now-rejected frozen image.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac using Sierra 10.12.2 & I get the same issue as SJ states above & unable to move beyond the deleted image in the develop mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Getting this as well.. basically getting stuck on the last deleted image, only in the Develop module. Lightroom CC 2015.8 on Windows 10 (1607).

Only happens after tagging a bunch of files for deletion (X) and Ctrl-Backspace deleting them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened again to me after using Cmd Delete to dump Rejected files. I'm doing some catalog cleaning. Deleted quite a few and found a few to edit in Develop. After a  couple of round trips to Library/Develop it was stuck on an image and wouldn't leave it.  I have a screenshot if interested.
Steve Gandy
stevegandy.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens for me as well. macOS Sierra 10.12.2. Downgrading to LR 6.7 fixes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good The quality is not always HD, so maintain that in mind. mobdro chromecast  apk data will appear on your computer system nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good <The quality is not always HD, so maintain that in mind.  mobdro chromecast  apk data will appear on your computer system nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.
Did you guys use smart previews instead of originals for image editing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, only originals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto here on Mac OS 10.12.2 using LR CC 2015.8. - Happens after I "DELETE REJECTED PHOTOS" - image in Develop mode refuses to update and changing to the Library Module generates an "Error changing Modes".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No smart previews - though I had LR regenerate 63,000 standard previews yesterday which it did fine but afterward LR behaved just as it does when I execute a "Delete Rejected Photos" command.  "Error changing modes".  

I am working on a SoftRaid disk-array so was suspicious of that but having some comfort seeing so many others challenged by this, esp on mixed platforms. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom is freezing when I delete rejected files from the disk when in the Develop module.  This has only been happening since I updated the software to 2015.8.  Last week I was getting the 'error changing modes' dialogue box but that seems to have been resolved after using the Abode help chat and the person connected to my computer for a few seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly this problem after I delete an image in LR. It stays stuck on the image I just deleted, and I have to exit AND backup the catalog to get free of the mire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easy work around until Adobe fixes this is to mark photos for deletion and go to "Library" to actually delete them. You won't have to restart LR. But please Adobe....FIX THIS!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with this version of Lightroom. I also can't change modules anymore after an image gets stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate