• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Doesn't keep focus in Keywording or Title boxes

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading from 2015.4 to 2015.5, there is a change in behaviour of the keyword box in Library module.

When you have entered keywords and press Ctrl/Cmd+RightArrow to move to the next photo, in the previous version the focus would remain in the keyword box so you can keep adding keywords. In 2015.5 the focus is lost and you need to press Ctrl/Cmd+K to re-focus on the keyword box, slowing down the tagging process.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016
This should be fixed in the Lightroom CC 2015.5.1/6.5.1 update that was released today: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2016/04/lightroom-cc-2015-5-1-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
22 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't have this problem (win 10) but also I never enter keywords this way. My way is to work in grid mode, large selection first for common keywords, than I select less and less for specific keywords. I like to spray keywords in too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Aidan is absolutely right. This is/was a very handy & time saving feature. In this official instructional video even Adobe refers to keywording as a "pain in the butt" and shows off this feature as a keywording tip. Now its GONE. Amazing. Five bugs fixed in CC 2015.5 and 50 new bugs introduced. What's going on at Adobe/Lightroom labs?! Who and how will we be compensated for our time and nerves? I run an image bank and I do keywording 6 hours a day, at least. Now I'm keywording 3x less photos, for 3x more time and 10x more frustration. Come on, Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens with CC 2015.5 on my Mac (OS X 10.11.2) but not on my Windows (10) configuration.  Perhaps it's Mac-specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to those who commented, I should've been clearer and said this is on OS X (El Capitan) also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An annoying thing is my muscle memory is so used to immediately typing after moving to the next image I've triggered all sorts of other shortcuts like Resize, Lights off mode etc because I'm not focused in the Keyword box

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyword spray painting is pretty cool. And the keyword toggle once you've entered a keyword in the spray paint input box (Cmd Shift K on Mac).
It sounds like this particular bug is only seen on Mac, so enjoy your faster keywording on Windows 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed the same thing -- with all the single-letter shortcuts, it's easy to do a lot of damage!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2016 Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicate issue lodged here, although this issue does include that the Title field focus is lost which I hadn't noted already: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/meta-date-editing-cmd-right-as-next-not-worki...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2016 Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until the recent update, pressing cmd-right for next (left for previous) when editing title/keywords would move you to the next photo, with the keyboard focus still in the field.

Today that's stopped working, the focus is lost so when you start typing, you invoke random keyboard commands!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are able to reproduce this issue.
We are looking into it.

Thanks,
Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep happening to me too on mac, its slowy down captioning, which can drag out when I have to caption each photo for submission for a newspaper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Ctrl/Cmd + right arrow shortcut was a lifesaver for me. I'd enter text in the Caption field of one photo, and while still in that field, Cmd + right arrow would take me to the Caption field of the next photo AND the next photo's Caption field would be active, so I could immediately begin entering a caption. But upon upgrade to CC 2015.5, the shortcut advances to the next photo
but does NOT keep the Caption field active. Can this be fixed - it was such a great timesaver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be fixed in the next Lr update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give a rough ETA on when the next update is due? Understand that testing etc. could push out any timeframes

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps Simon will comment, but in general Adobe doesn't provide guidance on release timing.  However, LR 6 updates have come on average every 8 weeks, and LR 6.5 was released 3/16.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soon. This will be a Lr 6.5.1 to quickly address a few issues found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This should be fixed in the Lightroom CC 2015.5.1/6.5.1 update that was released today: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2016/04/lightroom-cc-2015-5-1-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate