• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Error Saving PDF - "An error occurred while saving the book: "

LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"An error occurred while saving the book: an error occurred adding text and fonts to the book."
I am running Windows 10 (v10.0.17134); LR Classic CC v8.0 and v7.5 (to avoid yet another bug) both get the same error. i7-6700K with 16GB RAM, loads of free disk space, 15GB RAW cache, etc so no limitations that should cause problems. I have published around 15 books from LR on Blurb ever since the Book module first appeared; they all use the same layout standards and fonts so nothing new in this book. 

The book was producing a PDF and also uploading to Blurb until I edited some text fields and expanded one text box.  I have tried the community-selected workaround of selecting all text fields (Ctrl-Alt-A) and changing fonts to Arial then back to Myriad Pro (I have always used Myriad Pro except for Georgia on the cover) but still does not work.  Tried both v8.0 and v7.5 but neither work. No text or image boxes added so can't have any new empty boxes (and I am pretty sure there never were any previously). No zero-sized photos or excessive padding on boxes.

After MANY hours of testing I found a fix, at least for my particular case.  I can send a 2MB catalog with a reproducible error and a way of making it work, which also illustrates the bug of LR v8.0 not saving changes in the Book module.  

I narrowed it down to a single line-and-a-bit of text in Myriad Pro; if this word-wraps to a second line in the paragraph then it will not produce a pdf unless I change font to Arial.  If I remove a few letters so it doesn't word wrap, or put in a hard paragraph break at the end of the line instead of letting it word-wrap, then it will produce a pdf in Myriad Pro. Unfortunately if I add the paragraph break and change the first line to "Justify-last line justified" (so that it formats the same as if it did a word-wrap) then it won't generate a pdf; I need to make it "Justify-last line left" and add a short word to the sentence to make the line reach the right border and look the same as if the wordwrap was working.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
12 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,
Can you please share the catalog where the error is reproducible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Prabal; I don't seem to get email notifications of many replies to my problem notifications so I didn't see your reply.  How do I share the catalog?  I would have attached it to the initial comment if I could see how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you and email and CC-ed Prabal from engineering with instructions for sharing a catalog with him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I replied via email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Will let you know if we need anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Engineering was able to reproduce with your catalog and is looking into it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was any solution reached to this issue?  I was working on edits to a large photobook that previously converted well, but am adding text and have received this error.  I have a lot of places where the text is centered, so solving the wrap issue would be extremely tedious.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this issues solved? I have the same problem, I changed all fonts from MyriadPro to AdobeClear, but still no success. When I try to export to pdf only the cover is exported, the content of my book not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the top of this page under the Post Title is a status. Currently it is set to In-Progress, meaning it is not fixed but under investigation with an issue filed for the Lightroom Classic team. When the issue is resolved, a post will be made to this thread and the status above changed.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem is still there, do you have any news? thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk hi, still having the problem December 2020. any ideas on what to try? Spent hours making a photobook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem and removed the texts word by word using dichotomy. One specific word was causing the problem. I removed it from the text and the problem was fixed. The word was "fifi". Letters "f" and "i" should be joined in typography, maybe that's what causes the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate