• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Export from DNG to JPG for Flickr results in "not an image file"

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to Lightroom 6.10 I can no longer export from my DNG files to JPG format (used for Flickr). Flickr reports the JPG files (most of them) are "not an image file". Have done this numerous times before, with versions prior to LR 6.10. Cannot decipher what it is that make some exported JPGs corrupt - some work, some don't. Appears to be a bug.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017
Lightroom CC2015.12/6.12 was released today and should address this issue.  Please update your Lightroom to the latest version and let us know if you continue to see the issue. Thank you for your patience.

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/07/lightroom-cc-2015-12-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
9 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a direct upload?
A plugin to publish direct?
Lightroom's built-in Flickr Publish Service?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that this is a Lightroom problem but a Flickr one. I use Jeffrey Friedl's jf Flickr plugin to do my uploading and it just displayed the following error.

This must be something Jeffrey has seen often enough to warrant adding a specific error message for it. I got the error twice in fairly short succession, then checked if there was an update for the plugin. After downloading and installing the update and reloading the plugin, the third attempt got the image uploaded successfully.

I think you just need to keep trying to upload your images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely not a new problem. Just found this old closed Flickr forum thread from 2014 discussing it.

https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157647059658014/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User: I am using direct upload, no plug-in. Just a flat export from an edited DNG file, to a JPG, into Flickr upload. Has worked flawlessly. Btw - I am on a Mac OSX platform (no clue if relevant), 10.12.4.

@steve: thanks for the link. Appears that I should either just "remove" the LR exported file(s) Flickr does not accept, and/or keep retrying. Not great, but worth a shot. Thanks a million for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@carl

Are you still having issues today?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk - I do not know what you did...but it works flawlessly for me now. Tried two different ways (both direct and via plug-in), both failed yesterday, both work now. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably what "Flickr" did - not me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flakr has been notoriously unreliable for the past several years, after they redesigned the service and Yahoo entered its death spiral.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Lightroom CC2015.12/6.12 was released today and should address this issue.  Please update your Lightroom to the latest version and let us know if you continue to see the issue. Thank you for your patience.

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/07/lightroom-cc-2015-12-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate