• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Exporting to PDF book module uses unexpected quality settings

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR4 book module: Exporting book as PDF when book type is set to 'Blurb' (rather than PDF) does not use the 'Blurb' quality parameters (e.g. colour space, jpg compression) but instead uses values from previous adjustments when book type was set to PDF.

example:
1. With Blurb selected I exported a PDF using the button on the left hand panel.

2. I changed from Blurb to PDF and dropped the jpg quality and ppi to low values. I exported another PDF and as expected, the file size and image quality where noticeably smaller / worse.

3. I then changed back to the Blurb option in the book settings panel and I exported a third PDF. I expected this to match the first PDF in terms of file size and quality, but in fact this PDF was still small and crappy like the PDF from step 2.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reported this one and have been told it's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get EXPORT TO PDF or UPLOAD TO BLURB to do anything at all. What am I doing wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hijacking a thread? 😉 And it is impolite to use caps.

Best to start a new thread, Mark, and give details such as your OS, LR version, what happens.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Original problem still exists in LR 4.1: more details posted in http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm this is the case. It is important that the Export Book to PDF button in the left panel exactly reproduces the PDF sent to Blurb via the Send button.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, it looks like the DPI part of the bug was fixed, but it seems the JPEG quality % is also sticking.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Originally reported for version 4.0 of LR : http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

1. 'Export to PDF' option on left panel when Blurb is the selected book type is affected by the previously used quality settings when exporting as PDF.

2. When PDF book type is selected, the size of exported pdf is not always reproducible.*

Problem can be reproduced as follows.
Low quality = JPEG Qual = 1, 100 ppi
High quality = JPEG Qual = 100, 300 ppi
all other settings identical

Parameters and book type listed on left in chronological order, resulting cover pdf filesize on right
pdf high quality = 9mb
pdf low quality = 0.2mb
blurb = 0.8mb (should be higher - pdf is clearly poor quality)
pdf high quality = 1.3mb*
pdf high quality = 9mb
blurb = 9mb

*computer was busy with other tasks at time of this particular high quality export - it may be that LR did not fully register the position of the quality slider prior to export as response was a bit sluggish

Votes

Translate

Translate