• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Face tagging with Parent > Child keyword notation causes errors

LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't use the Parent > Child keyword notation when tagging faces -- LR will rename the child keyword to be a screwy name, and it can cause an internal error.

To reproduce:

1. Create two parent keywords, Friends and Family.

2. Under each of those keywords, create the child keywords Peter and assign each Peter to a separate photo. The hierarchy now looks like:

3. Go to a photo with no keywords, draw a face rectangle, and enter "Family > Peter" into the person box.

4. LR incorrectly renames the keyword Family > Peter to be Family > "Family > Peter":

Sometimes this can result in a LR internal error, "name is not unique", though I haven't been able to reproduce the exact steps for this to happen:

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015
This was fixed in the CC 2015.1 / 6.1 Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
10 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's expected behavior - faces ignores hierarchy. Use full names so you don't end up with duplicates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it expected behavior that a keyword named "Family > Peter" is created underneath Family? Or that an internal error sometimes occurs? Both seem like bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I think the renaming bit's a bug, and internal error's clearly not meant to happen. So yeah, I think you're right, reading back through the steps again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This arose when someone reported having two members of the family with the exact same first, middle, and last name (no Jr, Sr, or II). I have a number of people in my family with the exact same name, as well. There are two Ellis Ellis Ellises (yeah, New Englanders were sometimes quite strange).

While these relatively rare use cases can be worked around (e.g. with "Cousin" or "Uncle" or other annotations), it seemed natural to use the keyword hierarchy to resolve the ambiguity. (I first thought of that after reading your Whats New page, where you mention using the hierarchy for organization.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess some hierarchies could get too long to show in the Faces field under the face itself. That's why I specifically mentioned making them unique in the blog post (or I hope I did.... I'll go running off to check!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did indeed mention that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I'm not able to reproduce the "internal error" problem, but I am able to reproduce the other problem, and have reported it to the Lightroom engineers.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was fixed in the CC 2015.1 / 6.1 Update.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Very good, thanks.

Votes

Translate