• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Fails to import photos and stalls out on macOS 10.15 Catalina

LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to import photos from my Nikon D850, Lightroom Classic states it is importing photos but status bar is not progressing and no photos are being imported. Restarted system and program along with camera and still has issue. This is all been occurring with macOS Catalina 10.15.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Setting status

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
82 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jean,
Thanks for confirmation. Could you please install the latest 9.2 version and check if you still facing the issue? 

-Please share system info. Go to Help> System Info.
-Screen recording if possible.

Thanks
Mayuri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response!
Sadly, I've upgraded to 9.2 and nothing has changed. Still no photo uploads.
I've attached basic system info - please let me know if you need more. On Catalina, there is no Help>System Info option.

Jean

A comment added  on Feb. 15th: And now crickets from Mayuri?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ssdd, current version fills hard drive without noticing, and only throws an error after it has hung itself for lack of disk space. Same type of behavior, the app is not communicating intelligently/accurately with the filesystem

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to let everyone know a solution that worked for me in case it works for someone else. I was trying to upload a JPG photo from my computer to Lightroom 5 that was shot on an iphone. It was in my downloads folder and I could not get it to open. I was having the same issue that it got stuck on "importing files" but nothing happened. I finally moved the photo to my documents folder which only had like 4 photos, and the preview loaded immediately and I was able to upload. I haven't tried connecting an SD card yet after upgrading my software to Catalina the other day so I'm not sure what will happen when I try that with my RAW files, but that worked for my particular situation I was having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab > select Files & Folders on the left and then make sure all of the checkboxes under Lightroom are checked on the right. It may be a Catalina security issue in your case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved for me. Lightroom refused to import photos to an external drive - I've used both a RAID and an old Mac Pro as my designated Lightroom storage drives. With last year's new Mac OS, Lightroom stalled when attempting to import to all but internal drives. So. My workaround. I import to the internal drive and then export to the external drives of my choice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Setting status

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes