• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Fails to sync since 12.2 update (Windows Only)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use LR Classic 12.2 on Windows 11. I shoot photos with an iPhone 13 Pro Max using the native iPhone camera app. I sync photos from the iPhone to the Adobe Cloud using LR Mobile app on the phone, then sync down from the Adobe Cloud to Classic on the desktop computer. Today with 3 days of photo that needed to be synced to Classic, the Sync process quit working. I did everything I could think of including Rebuild Sync Data, manually delete today's photos from the Cloud, resync, reboot computer and LR many times, but nothing helped. I then rolled back to Classic 12.1 and the sync problem went away. I reinstalled Classic 12.2 to confirm and the sync problem returned.

What happens in Classic 12.2 when trying to sync is this. After turning on sync by clicking on the cloud icon, the number of photos to be synced briefly appears then goes away. The folder where the synced photos are to be stored is created but shows 0 photos in the folder which never changes. In Prefs > Lightroom Sync > Sync Activity, the photos to be synced are showing as downloading, but nothing else happens. I have confirmed through LR Cloud version and Lightroom on the Web that the photos to be synced have properly synced up to the Cloud.

This appears to be a bug in Classic 12.2 as a roll back to Classic 12.1 fixes the problem. Thanks.

Bruce Ward

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Updated: 3/8/23:

Greetings, 

Lightroom Classic 12.2.1 was released today and contains a single Windows-only fix for this issue. (Mac was not affected).  The temporary server-side fix will be reverted after this release, so it is important that you install the 12.2.1 update to maintain sync capability.  Thank you for your patience.

Rikk

The temporary fix on the server side has restored service.  We do need to issue a Lightroom Classic fix as well to complete this resolution on this issue. We wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

This issue is fixed in 12.2.1. Please update. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
42 Comments
Engaged ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will forward to the Classic team for review. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk,

Didn't hear from the Classic Team, but today it seems to have caught up and is working correctly again so I assume something got tweaked someplace. 

Thanks -- Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they did anything, I haven't heard about it yet. I am glad it is working for you again. If they do respond back specifically, I will share it here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Florence_in_Switzerland  This is a very specific bug thread for Windows customers only. As you are Mac user, your issue is not the same. I will be moving this to its own thread for the community to respond to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is fixed in 12.2.1. Please update. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk, 

I have update but am still not getting Lightroom Classic 12.12.1 in Windows 11 to sync to the cloud. I have tried rebuilding all synced data, but that stalls out like everything else. At first the sync icon and sub menu in the top right showing the blue circular arrows moving, but nothing ever happens.  My galleries at lightroom.adobe.com are never updated based on the changes I'm making in the application.  Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kitv58609219 

Your issue is not the same as the issue in this thread (which is fixed). I recommend you post a new thread in Discussions and include complete system information. 

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running 12.2.1 and whilst my sync completes the import of the new files to that folder stall  there are no errors just no progress in the progress bar. This happens on any folder. One import of 17 images has sat for one hour with no import progress. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night I was updating the catalogue as Im working through 2 computer crashes in the last  6 months slowly getting it all reconnected. Around 10.30 11.00 PM it dows something strange and restarts No Warning that I saw.

Now Missing
List of folders in my catatalogue
access to view the images in those folders
without downloadong ovr 78000 images
Shooting Nikon history of 35mm Digital
Serries of cell phones mostly high end Samsung over 24 years of work, and its asking

Do I REALLY WANT To QUIT?

Adobe what did you do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kiwiak  this doesn't sound like the same issue, but if you want to start a separate thread, we'll be happy to help you figure out what happened and how to fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems once again I still have a problem with Lightroom not opening in Windows 11. I am loosing confidence in this programme\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, today I had to manually sign out of Lightroom and log back in / resync to get the syncing working again even though 12.2.1 was already installed. Not sure if that's expected behavior, but it did resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography I think I might be experiencing a similar bug as in this thread but on a Mac. Lightroom Classic (12.2.1, Mac) fails to sync back some (but not all) of the star ratings made in Lightroom CC. Lightroom CC syncs well to the Browser-based view of the images, so it seems the problem is on the Lightroom Classic side, similar to the above posts.

If this is a separate bug, where should I post that?

The collection is based on .CR2 images loaded into Lightroom Classic, and synced Smart Previews to Lightroom CC.

Some system details:

• MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.2.1
  • Lightroom Classic version 12.2.1
  • Lightroom CC version 6.2
  • Adobe Camera Raw version 15.2

Best regards,

Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Erik5D47 

For the best results, you should post a new thread with complete information in Lightroom Discussions (not Bugs) so that community experts can review and comment on your workflow. If we determine a bug is present, we will move the thread into bugs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Lightroom perfectly well and shut it down, ran the backup, updated and it then made repeated copies of the catalog onto my desktop and never shut down.  I can't open it at all.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  I tried the preferences tip and it still doesn't open.  I can't seem to find the 12.2.1 update mentioned, can someone put the link up here, please?  I'm very discouraged at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been having sync issues with my LR Classic and LR mobile on my ipad... I've uploaded raw photos to my LR mobile on my ipad in February, and they still have not uploaded to my LR classic. I will check the LR Cloud version now, thanks to this notice. But the sync issue is a problem for me too. It is a text to see if I can only travel with my ipad and upload and edit photos there, then sync to LR Classic when I get home...

Votes

Translate

Translate