• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Fatal loss of raw files while using the new Tether feature and Canon

LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe, could you please point out, that while using the new tether feature in Lightroom, it is essential, to follow the tether dialog box till the bottom. There you can choose "save copy to camera“.
On a reason shoot i was tethering medium size jpg's because i want the process to be very fast. I was shooting like that many times before, so i overlooked the very tiny checkbox on the bottom of the page. The result was, that Lightroom forced the camera not only to "not" save the medium jpg's to my SD card, but also not save the raws to my CF card. At home i wanted to import the raw files to my computer, but there was nothing one on the cards. I've seen reports on the web, that other people have the same fatal loss of raw date because of that little checkbox, wich is new to Lightroom.
Please try to make public, that your users have to take care of this. It would be sad, if more photographers loos more raw files, clients and money. Thank you.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for you comments and I am sorry you had a data loss issue due this setting be unchecked. We are currently evaluating default behavior and messaging. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Updates to the Lightroom CC Ecosystem and Lightroom Classic CC were released earlier today. Please update your software and let us know if you are still experiencing this issue. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate