• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: FTP transfer failed with message 'an unknown error occurred' 8/21/18

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked up until last week. I have verified the login credentials via filezilla, which works perfectly. I have also contacted my web host, and they have said that the error that they see on their end is that Lightroom is using an outdated sftp protocol, which is no longer considered secure, and is no longer supported on their server.

The sftp requirements for my host are listed here:

https://wpengine.com/support/sftp/

I am running the latest version of lightroom classic CC. I appreciate your help in getting this issue resolved quickly. I have also try deleting the preset and making a new one with no change. Thank you.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

This is an older bug that is no longer reproducible under the current Operating Systems and Lightroom versions. We are closing this bug. Should a similar bug arise, please create a new bug report. This thread will be closed.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
11 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were some under the hood changes in Lightroom 7.5, released earlier today. Please install it, and see if you have the same FTP issues. Let me know if you do and I can raise a bug with the team. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue... even with 7.5.

I tried switching to regular ftp... no better.

Let me know if you would like any additional information from me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the password entry is no longer masked (e.g., "********"). That seems to have happened in an earlier version and was not fixed in 7.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan, I am able to see the error message you are when I use SFTP but not when I use FTP. I will log that as a bug. However, my password is still covered with dots so I cannot duplicate that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the follow-up, Rikk.

To clarify, while the transfer also fails with ftp, the error I get is different:
  An error occurred sending the file : invalid login
This is true whether I specify 'Passive' or 'Enhanced Passive.'

This happens every time at the 50% mark, which I'm guessing is when Lightroom starts writing files on the web server?

In all cases, I'm pasting my password from a safe, so it's not like I'm fat-fingering it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rikk.

Any chance this was fixed in 8.0?

I'd test it myself, but upgrading for me also involves an OS upgrade, which I'd prefer not to do as I have issues with Windows 10.

Thanks,
Stan

P.S. - Not sure why Adobe chose to support Windows 7, but not Windows 8.1 Pro with this release.  Grr!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug came in too late for the 8.0 cycle. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rikk.

I finally got to do a fresh install of Lightroom Classic CC 8.2 on a new machine.

I let Lightroom create a new, empty catalog.  I didn't copy over any of my presets, plug-ins, etc.  I only imported a handful of images for testing.

Still, testing a web gallery upload using sftp to my web server, I got the same results as before:
  1. Lightroom is not masking my password when I enter it.
  2. I get the error "FTP transfer failed with message 'an unknown error occurred'.
I can provide screenshots and logs if they'd be helpful.

I don't think it matters, but for completeness's sake, I'm running Windows 10 version 1809 (the October 2018 update) with all the latest updates.  The computer is also using the latest BIOS and other drivers from the manufacturer.

Any update you can provide would be great.  Obviously, exporting my web collections and uploading them manually has been a real pain!

Thanks,
Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't expect this to be fixed in 8.2.1, which appears to only add a few more supported cameras. However, for the record... per my actual testing, 8.2.1 does NOT fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a work around I exported the web gallery then uploaded it with FileZilla - and all is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an older bug that is no longer reproducible under the current Operating Systems and Lightroom versions. We are closing this bug. Should a similar bug arise, please create a new bug report. This thread will be closed.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate