• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Horizontal scroll bar in the Book Module missing when enlarging a page 1:1 or 4:1 (Windows)

LEGEND ,
May 03, 2015 May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug in LR CC: Since LR 6 there is no horizontal scroll bar in the Book Module anymore (when enlarging a page 1:1 or 4:1). The vertical scroll bar still exists.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016
I've logged a bug with the engineering team. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
43 Comments
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, still have the same bug on LR 9.2 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,
me too .... (classic, 9.2.1.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe, the bug still there in LR 9.3 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,
Yes the bug is there still in LRC 9.3 on my PC laptop and desktop - but not on my mac desktop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC 10/10.1 (Windows) Book module - If I am editing a book in Spread View (either the front/back cover or inside spread of left and right pages) and use View > Zoomed Page View to edit the page(s), there is no horizontal scroll bar, which means I cannot edit any part of the view other than maybe the middle 10%, which in my case was the spine of the book cover. Also cannot use Preview tool to move right or left, only up or down. See screen shot for lack of handle on horizontal scroll bar. Maximizing/minimizing/resizing the application makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an authoritative thread for better tracking and response. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted this same bug yesterday because while I searched for an existing issue I didn't see this; @Rikk thanks for linking to here. But 5+ years and no fix, probably not going to happen.

Workaround: Forget zoom. If you need to change something other than the spine of a book, just click all over the place until you happen to select what you want to change. Or use 50 pt text all the time so you don't need to zoom at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the latest version of Lightroom 10.1.1 and I still have the same problem that I reported on July 2017!

I copy what I posted then since nothing has changed:
In book module the horizontal scrollbar is missing,  I can only scroll vertically.

The main problem I have is that if I select any  zoom ratio to check text properly,  I can only see (zoomed)  a stripe from top to bottom of  the page since I am not able to scroll horizontally.               It seems that the white square in the preview button gets stuck and the only movement that can be done is up and down.

I hope the screen shots help to make it clear ( Fit,  1:1,  4:1) Thank you for your help!

image 2.jpgimage 3.jpg 4:1).

image 1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same for me. It seems unrelated to hardware because the problem is there on both PCs that I use with Lightroom.

I may check later whether a catalog imported from a mac would work (that would point to a catalog problem), but that seems unlikely. Pity this isn't fixed yet. Can we vote somewhere to get this fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks that will never be fixed. 
I really need the zoom tool, the book module is useless without it. 
I don’t know if we can vote to get this fixed but I would like it too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Die horizontale Bildlaufleiste wird in der 4:1 Vergrösserungsansicht leider nicht angezeigt. Die vertikale Bildlaufleiste kann ich mit dem Scrollrad der Maus bewegen und die Laufleiste wird mir auch angezeigt.

Diese Einschränkung behindert mich sehr in meinem Arbeitsfluß. Bitte um Hilfe, weil ich in den Voreinstellungen oder Katalogeinstellungen nichts gefunden habe.

Gruß Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read through the thread you will see a bug was logged for this by Adobe in 2016.  I didn't check but it is apparently not fixed yet.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vielen Dank!

Jetzt habe ich gesehen, dass es ein Adobe Problem ist. Ich hoffe, dass es bald behoben ist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of LrC and OS are you using? I tried this in 11.5 and the horizontal scroll bar is working fine on my Mac.  Apparently a Windows only bug that will never be fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am in the book module and I want to zoom in to see the detail my options are Fit, 1:1 or 4:1. When zooming in at 4:1, I can see the zoomed window on the preview pane at the top left of my screen, but I am only able to move the preview pane up & down. There is no ability to move it from side to side so that I can zoom in to the edges of my book page. So the maximum zoom to see the edges of the page is 1:1, which isn't always enough when trying to align photos or text. Am I missing something or is this the extent of the capability in the LR book module right now? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to scroll horizontally when zooming in 4:1 in the book module. I posted a question and it was merged into a thread reporting a bug, but that thread is 6 years old! I'd prefer this be treated as a current issue. I did a book in 2018 and I do not recall having this problem then. Attached is the info about my PC. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The horizontal scroll bar is still missing in zoomed preview in Book module of Lightroom Classic 12.0. This is ridiculous, first reported in LR6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Bug is still there with version 12.1.
It's crazy that given the price of the subscription there is no official tool to declare an incident and especially to have it corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate