• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Image Degradation when zoom in Library module

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Increasing image size from 100% to 200% results in blurred image in Library module.

Move to Develop module and image sharpens up.

Return to Develop module and the image stays sharp until you move the cursor in to the image area, at which point it returns to a blurred image.

Same image(s) in Lightroom Classic 9.4 remain sharp at 1:1,2:1 and larger.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released yesterday and include a fix for this issue. Please install the December update, restart your system and verify you are no longer experiencing the issue. Thank you for your assistance in reporting, providing additional information and, most of all, for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
32 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import RAW photos into LRC and zoom in to check focus/sharpness as part of culling process.  Alternatively go back into library module to look at images that have already been processed.  In the develop module, they are sharp if the photo is taken properly.  In the library module, however, the very same photos are blurry when zoomed in to 200%, this being the level of zoom required for LRC to show the pixel view at the same level as (for example) Olympus Workspace or Apple Preview show at 1:1 or 'actual size'.  There also seems to be a little bit of pixellation or jaggedness in places as part of the fuzziness.  Flip back to the develop module without doing anything and the picture is sharp again.  This fuzziness problem did not happen in previous versions and does not happen in Photoshop CC or Lightroom CC at the same zoom level.  It ONLY happens in Lightroom Classic V10.  Combined with other bugs, I found it so irritating and unusable that I rolled my LRC back to version 9.4.  Hey presto - everything works again and no fuzziness.  Before rolling back to 9.4, I tried my Mac with and without calibration and also tried it at various screen resolutions besides default.  The result was exactly the same.  The problem appears to be with LRC V10, not with 2020 iMac 5k or Mac Os Catalina.  Along with this, there is a problem with copy and paste of develop settings not working properly.  I will submit that separately in more detail.

Computer details for all of the above: 2020 iMac 5k running at default resolution.  Calibrated with xRite i1 Display Pro (and I tried the above with and without the calibration just in case).  3.8 GHz 8 core Intel Core i7 with 2TB SSD.  64GB 2667 MHz DDR4 RAM.  AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8GB graphics card (tried on and off to check above problems).  MacOS Catalina 10.15.7. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an authoritative thread for better tracking and response. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows and not observed consistently, it is sometimes slow to show an image with all edits applied upon returning to the Library module. While rare for a single image, sometimes it takes 1-4 seconds to fully sharpen and apply the rest of the changes.

When several images were edited before returning to the Library module, it does take a bit longer but this is not consistent.

Feel free to suggest a specific test for me to conduct.

BTW, the image always eventually views correctly and the issue seems less frequent since converting to 1:1 auto (4K) previews at maximum quality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an authoritative thread for better tracking and response. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released yesterday and include a fix for this issue. Please install the December update, restart your system and verify you are no longer experiencing the issue. Thank you for your assistance in reporting, providing additional information and, most of all, for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed fixed on both iMac and MacBook Pro. Thank You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I am just trying out Lightroom Classic recently for the sole purpose of previewing images. I noticed that in the library mode, when zoomed in at high levels, the images appear blurry. When switching to develop mode, they are crisp again. It's as if the edges are anti-aliased in library mode. 

I have done a fair bit of research about this problem, and fact that it is reported as solved. I took the recommended steps and this problem still persists. Perhaps a Mac issue, I use a Macbook Pro 2021. I will probably just end up using Finder/Preview again, or Bridge. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate